View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:06 AM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tranny...what would you do?

about 4 months ago i blew my tranny up in nebraska, the tranny alone cost $2900 iirc and total after labor, and a few other things i spent about $5k

my tranny is still doing great. the shop called about 2 weeks after i picked it up to report that i needed a external cooler or to swap my radiator due to trace amount of coolant detected in my old tranny. i installed a external shortly afterwards.

the trans shifts lift a mofo from 1 to 2 gear, and still a noticable shift from 2 to 3.

anyone who rides in it says it is not normal to shift so hard.

i admit i was in a hard spot when my tranny blew, and didnt have alot of time or choices.
the transmission is a roadripper 2000
comes with a 30k warranty

my new concern now is that my diffs/TC cant handle the shifts from the new tranny and are my new weak point in the drivetrain

with 4.88 gears & 37 inch tires.. i admit it is a beast when i stomp the gas from a dead stop.. i have heard my tires chirp(sometimes) when it shifts.. which i wouldnt think is impossible.

while i know im not a racer, it is a damn good feeling when i can best cars off the line. granted 1-2 shift is very short, but when it hits 2nd, OMG the the range is huge before it shifts 2-3... i admit, it will make your cock hard sometimes when you stomp it!

the actual tranny swap isnt difficult really.
the only special tool you will really need is a alignment tool.

the big thing is you might not be able to drive it until your ECM is flashed to accept it.

im not promoting the roadripper.... i can only speak from my exp.
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193

Last edited by Hellz : 05-02-2013 at 04:21 AM.