Thread: UCA
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
I am actually planning 37s but I was under the assumption no torsion adjustments were necessary, or are they?
I kinda want maybe an inch or two but I'm not sure yet.
Depending upon your rig (some subtle differences occur from truck to truck), which 37s you choose, and what rim you use you may have to perform adjustments. The adjustments could be as simple as cranking the torsion bars a bit, or adding GM Green keys, or going with the Cognito UCA leveling kit.

When I went to BFG MT 37s on my stock rims I had rubbing at full lock, so I started with Truxxx keys (same as GM Green keys) and a few cranks on the torsion bar. That leveled the truck and removed the rub, but made the ride harsh. So I ultimately did the Cognito UCA kit with Bilstein shocks and threw the Cognito pitman/idler support kits in for good measure. This kept the truck level, kept the rub at bay, and returned the ride to the stock feel.

Had I gone with an after market rim with a shallower backspace I prolly wouldn't have had a rub in the first place 'cause there'd have been less rubber under the truck (in toward the suspension components). I can't say that for sure...but that;s what logic tells me.

Last edited by guruerror : 05-07-2013 at 01:45 PM.