View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:56 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 100 mph speed limited.REALLY?

fyr,
I would have to agree with what you said. I work the ER and on my off time I do fire/rescue/medical for the local fire department and have seen my share of accidents.

The "lugnut rule" is the first time I have ever heard of this but in thinking it is pretty much spot on.
The heavier the vehicle, the more lugnuts. An 18 wheeler has lots of lugnuts.
So 18 wheeler versus Honda Civic....

As for 4600 pounds? I think you might have opposed the numbers there. The H2 is about 6400+ lbs curb weight. Maybe you are thinking of the H3?? I think they are around 4600 lbs.

SMITH,
Not that I (or I am sure this forum) condones speeding, but I have never taken my vehicle really above 80. Sure thats is a bit excessive too, but this was on the interstate with no traffic and open roads. Sure it is stable, but it definitely isnt my Vette. Saying that, I think another thing you have to understand besides the control, stopping and crash factor is the fact that you have specific tires on your truck.
Check the rating.
Most tires used for our vehicles are a Q rating, which means those tires are rated at a maximum speed of less then 100 mph (actually I think Q = 99mph). So at 100mph you were already over the edge of a Q rated tire. So would you really want to go that fast in a tire not designed to handle it?
Even if it was an S or T rating (which is a few mph higher than 100 mph, roughly 10-15mph), understand that these are the still tire that are designed for that top speed at in perfect condition. I have ZR-rated tires on my Vette, which means they are rated to go 186 mph but I would never push them that far. Between heat build-up and tire wear and break down.....
Just saying, be safe. You are too valuable on this forum for us to loose you
And yes, the handle held tuners do have a limiter remover.