View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

New York City is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 100 mph speed limited.REALLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyr145
while one part of me can certainly understand your feelings about it, my other side becomes curious as to why would you even want to go that fast in a vehicle that's 4600 pounds? Speaking purely from a safety position, the needed safe braking distance to be able to get stopped in time would be out driven thus resulting in a violent collision with severe wreckage. Factors that would contribute to this would be a blown tire (I'm not sure if the tires you are currently using are even rated for those speeds). Another possibility would be if someone pulled out in front of you or might there be some type of unknown debris in the roadway that you are driving on.

I apologize ahead of time for sounding like a "Negative Nancy" or a "Debbie Downer" here. In my line of work I have seen so many vehicle accidents (a few also involving H2's) that it just makes me stand there for a moment and scratch my head wondering why someone would even want to go that fast in the first place. I do get your "need for speed" desires but reality and physics supersedes personal desires sooner or later......always remember that FASTER CRASHES HARDER.

Just my .02.

I have heard that some of the power programmers like Hypertech & Diablo have a speed limiter remover in some of their kits. Maybe these would work for you???

An h2 weights 4600 pounds? I thought it was 6500 pounds..

(Confused)