View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Wheel Spacers, I have some questions....

I'm not a fan of spacers...they just seem like a 'weak link' in my opinion, but here's some input on some of your questions based upon what I've researched in the past...

I'm pretty sure that you can run lug-centric or hub-centric rims on the H2 without a problem. I would classify the stockers as hub-centric 'cause they fit so snugly around the hub. Hub-centric obviously would take pressure off of the lugs and provide a more solid solution than lug-centric...but if you're keeping it on the streets for the most part, I'd think that either would work just fine. I'm pretty sure my Rockstars are lug-centric...they're not snug up to the hub like stockers were and I've given them a good beating over the years without a problem.

You can run H1 rims on an H2...they'll definitely fit lug-centric as the H1 has a larger hub. Unfortunately I don't know the exact measurements for either.

Lastly...if you're looking at different rims you might be able to forget about spacers if you get wheels with a different offset. The offset on my RSs is different than what my stockers were, which ended up pushing the rubber further out (about an inch) from the fenders and widening the stance. An aggressive side tread will also help.

Just some thoughts...