View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 06:55 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Installing new horns (electrical question)

Thanks for the info guys.
I am glad that you verified that it is a low sound individually, since I was worried I was going to get some bum horns again. Given, one of my horns (the F) didnt make any sound... so really it is cool that he is sending me a whole new set. I was thinking that them needing 12V to make the sound, that if they didnt get the 12V they wouldnt be as loud or work right.

As for the Carson, I thought that a stutter horn was not legal to have unless you were a firefighter or medic. And only able to be used in those cases... not saying it isnt a good idea, but since I kinda got in "trouble" one night with the local police when my Vette's strobes (some goofy thing the previous owner installed) got turned on by accident and the car in front of me called the PD saying I was impersonating a police car. Yeah it wasnt funny at first until ALL of the cities on duty police officers were surrounding me in the middle of the city's major road. Good thing I knew some of the officers and the others had respect for the fact that I could possible be the one saving their life one day in the ER. It was just one little short guy that was 5 foot nothing that kept me and the rest of the cops there for at least an hour more then needed. I hate when people have to prove a point to themselves or others at someone else's expense (especially short people)

As for the kind words,
Thanks. I have been talking with and trying to get Jason to get Elcova beefed up and back to a productive site. I dont really want a competition and I am not in it for any money or to make him money or make the other sites loose money. I just wanted to get more people flowing this way to keep this site going. I remember coming to this site a few years ago and it helped out alot.
You, LJ, Fyr, HT, and Ed I think are the guys who have always been here and helped out others. And I just think this is a good group and a good site.... just have to have more people to have more discussion....
As for the other sites, I understand where they are coming from. Given... I didnt mean harm.