View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
I could swear that my rpm's are higher then 2k, because I couldn't complete some of the dunes if I was going any slower.
Then TCS most probably wasn't impeding your progress.

Quote:
Maybe that's why I don't use 4hi lock, I think it goes too slow,
You'll go faster in 4Hi than 4Lo. <span class="ev_code_RED">Agreed. I just like to get the wheels moving faster, sooner, and in 4 hi it's got jet-lag. (I don't know the terminology)</span>

Quote:
and 4 lo allows me to get more rpms?
Yes, because the gearing changes, but you'll need more rpms to acheive the same speed as in 4Hi. <span class="ev_code_RED">yes, that's why I was wondering about the 2000 rpm thing.</span> 4Lo is when I really notice TCS/TC2 being a real problem in loose sand and tend tom avoid it, unless the locker is needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">Phil, I love your advise, but I'm the opposite. I'm going to take all this to heart and perform some technical sessions in the sand now. Thanks. I know have a good reason to drive to the beach!</span>