View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 07:59 PM

Just Ordered My Hummer H2

Ok....was going to wait for the H3 to debut, but decided to go with the H2 after pondering PhilD’s and IPStack’s comments on my concerns (notwithstanding, reading the numerous posts here), thanks to all here for all the information and support, it has been invaluable. Thanks!

I live in the Palm Springs, CA area, and ordered through Jessep Hummer. Believe it or not, not one 05 Hummer at Jessep had the Nav system installed. So, off to the factory we go. I ordered an 05 White Hummer with adventure package with Nav, XM, off road brush guard lights and other goodies. I am holding off for the roof rack system. I want to make the right choice, so once I have the H2, I will look into the type of roof box that will meet my needs.

I used the Kelly Blue Book new car value option to get the price I wanted to pay. Pretty painless.

I am a very active off roader. I currently drive a Pinzgauer 4x4 for my off road excursions, and will be setting up the H2 as an expedition vehicle, like the Pinzgauer. I am getting into prospecting, shooting for nuggets while 4x4ing......Also like to just drive to the middle of nowhere, set up camp, light a cigar, pour a cold one and enjoy the area.

If anyone is ever interested in my area for off roading, let me know. There are some good times to be had in this area....Joshua Tree....Twentynine Palms.....there is a great back way into Death Valley, where we stay at Saline Hot Springs (great place, can only be reached by 4x4) I also go south to Mexico, San Philpe area...know a great place to camp and enjoy running the 4x4 up and down the beach. I am planning a trip down to the La Paz area this year, there is a bay that is as clear as can be.......

Good times baby, yea!