View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 02:21 PM

I got the Hummer for 55800. They wanted 62000+ for all the extras I wanted.

After going back and forth, my Salesman, Sid, brought in a “Jessup” (he must be the grandson, was very young) to bargain with me. He stated that there was no way he would give it to me for 55300. Mr. Jessup stated that 62000 was the best he could do. He stated the Kelly Blue Book does not factor in other costs into their fair price”.

I countered that the KB based their “fair price” on actual sales, so somewhere, I can get this price, and I will find it.....He did not budge, at all....

I stood up shook his and Sid’s hand, and thanked then for their time. I grabbed my helmet (I was on my Harley), and proceed to walk out...I fired up my motorcycle, and Sid came running out; “Wait Mr. Ponder, Wait.”

“Mr. Ponder, please forgive my boss, he does not understand the client potential that you could bring into us if we treated you right...”

Sid, I exclaimed, your “boss” really pissed me off. I can go somewhere else, he would not even consider any negotiations, at all.”. Sid shot back “Mr. Ponder, you are right. We could of handled it better.” “How about 55800?”

“If you throw in the off road lights for the brush guard, you got a deal...”

Went back in and sealed the deal.