View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oldhiker:
You did the right thing. Someone like that can take down morale in a heartbeat. If you made his life miserable, he could sue you for a hostile environment.

To all you non-business owners, what you see is the perks (rewards) that we, as business owners, are entitled to. What you don’t see is the sleepless nights about making payroll, paying the mortgage, etc. We take the risks, why can’t we have the benefits.

As I told an employee when he complained that he couldn’t pay his bills but I had a fancy car – “If I fail and close, you lose a job. I, on the other hand, lose ALL my perks, benefits, rewards and all my other possessions. House and cars included. I am the person taking all the risks, not you.” Then I used the now famous words – You’re fired!

I pay people to work for me, not be my friend. Everyone is here at my place because they are getting paid to do a job. No one works for free. If they are not happy and do not perform, then they are basically “stealing” a paycheck every week.

It’s funny how different everything looks like from this side of the desk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't and never have owned a business, but I am thakful that there are people like you willing to risk it all to run a buisness and you deserve the perks and if employees have attitude problems, they can take theme somewhere else, you don't need that crap, oh and I have never gotten a job from a poor person eather.