View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 02:22 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold McBain:

Yes, good point. I'm well aware of the existance of alternative fuels, yet I wouldn't call it quite a "push". Considering that we're asking to convert on such a large scale, government research and funding is scant (and I wonder why?) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would beg to differ regarding the "push" and government "funding". Please refer to the article below which elaborates upon the tax incentive credit that W just signed into law for biodiesel.

http://www.biodiesel.org/news/taxincentive/

This is a hell of a move in the right direction. What it'll mean is increased prices paid for soybean and rapeseed oil which will help support American farmers. It'll also increase yellow grease use for biodiesel. This will hopefully keep yellow grease from ending up in our dumps. It also encourages biodiesel production buildout which will hopefully help bring down the costs and make it more appealing for the masses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Nevertheless, even if we were able to convert completely, it'd still be wrong to waste. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really disagree with that statement since it is directed towards us H2 owners. Hell, I drive mine a total of 20 miles a day when I'm not taking it up to the ranch on the weekends. What's truly funny is that my H2 gets better gas mileage than my wife's Infinity QX4 did. I'm suprise you haven't gone after Nissan for importing fuel inefficient suv's into the US. At least American workers are getting paid to build the H2. You ever seen the gas mileage numbers for a Ford Excursion/Superduty with the V10? That's the owners you should be attacking there.

Anyways, I really think you shold re-gear your attack though. You should really start looking in the direction of our mass transit systems, recreational boating, commercial shipping, military, etc... Why should the american people who drive H2's be the one's under attack from you? We would all be better off if UPS, FEDEX, DHL, AMTRAK, CTX, Burlington Northern, American Airlines, Continental, etc..... would all switch to alternative fuels. I don't understand why people like you don't wage your war against publicy traded companies who are "wasteful".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
With regards to our troops dying over Iraqi oil. You would have to believe that we went to war over oil as opposed to trying to remove a dictator and liberate a country. That's actually your opinion and you would have to take that up with W...

Yes, you're right. Unfortunately with the lies and maneuvering dubya's done over the war, no one can ever be sure why the hell we went. The facts to me, however, point to oil and the oil economy. There are a few good links at my site, if you're willing:

post 64 at http://hummerssuck.com/gb/guestbook.php <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would rather not visit your site but do appreciate you making an effort to be heard. Hell, it's what America was founded upon. I am just disappointed that you choose to attack H2 owners when there are so many others out there who are better candidates.