View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 06:09 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Some things to consider ...

Trail conditions dictate how long the train is. For example, if parts of the trail are fine sand and there is little cross wind, to keep yourself out of the dust cloud of the truck in front of you (a very good idea) we all need to drive very slowly (boring) or we all need to hang back a quarter mile or more from the next truck.

Under those conditions, a 12 truck train is now 3 miles long. We want (need, really) radio communications between the lead and rear vehicles. Will we have it? Dunno. Depends on conditions.

If we encounter an obstacle that requires spotting, more is not merrier.

There will likely be scenic spots along the way where we'll want to stop. Is there adequate room for parking or if it's a dead-end or hill climb, enough room for all trucks to park and enough room for U-turns?

In a long train the lead vehicles get to see critters. "Hey, a pack of wild hyenas at 11 o'clock!" is good news for the front. It's a bummer in the back because the critters will surely be gone.

I'm not being negative, just practical. An army of Hummers is fun to think about but not necessarily fun on the trail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dammit Rodster. I'm going to disagree with you, here. Totally and completely disagree. You are wrong. Absolutely wrong. Every thing you wrote was in error. Your facts are incorrect and your opinions are blatantly screwed up. You may well be condemned to hell for expressing them. Eat shiite and die.

Okay. I just didn't wanna totally agree with you AGAIN today. But really I do. I second Toots. "What he said."

Sean
ps - This THREAD is 10 pages long and it's a pain in the arse. Imagine an even longer train of Hummers. Cool photo op? Yep. Practical and fun? Maybe not so.