View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: toe in problem ? I need advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer head
I went wheeling sat. We were climbing rocks and developed a toe end problem in the frontend. I have a fabtech 6 in. lift and tie rod ends. 40's
What was the problem?

Is it permanently toed-in? Or did someone notice it toeing in and go back. I second Ken's suggestion on getting an alignment.

H2s have a weak steering section that allows for flex in the steering. First to go was the stock tie rods. Most of us thought that the toe in was due mostly to the stock tie rods giving but after we got the HD tie rods, still noticed it, even on stock ride height and tires.

I know there is a lot of research being done right now to come up with a good solution that helps. If your stock centerlink is not already bent, I would suggest getting the Cognito steering stabilizers. They will not work with the FT steering stab without some minor alteration but they are the best, cheapest solution right now.

The final solution is going to be replacing the stock centerlink with a better designed one and utilizing the Cognitos in conjunction with that.