View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: toe in problem ? I need advice.

I agree with Phil here. Once you put it up on an alignment machine and both tires are toed in, then probably a good chance the CL is bent a little, but it's hard to "eyeball."

The offsets create a problem, I think, in some instances but I don't think that's where the flex occurs most of the time. For the toe-in to happen as severely as it does, the CL has to rotate slightly and then bend in the center between the pitman and idler arms. So basically, in those pics that show the truck pigeon-toed, the ends of the pitman and idler arms are effectively closer together than normal. Once the pressure is relieved some, most of the time the CL "springs" back into it's normal position. This is probably also what creates all of the premature wear on the pitman and idlers that all GM HD pickups and H2s have.

The Cognito supports, that so far Marinehawk, Phil and I are the only ones that I know have on theirs, are supposed to correct the rotation that occurs and this in effect should reduce the CL flex some. If you are going to be wheeling again soon and can do some fabwork yourself, I would do the Cognitos for now.

http://www.trailduty.com/products/cognito/index.html