View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Screeper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by sbmike:
Lext: One of the things you will find out very quickly in this forum is that discussions morph very quickly from their original topic. It's something you will need to get used to if you want to keep your sanity . To your immediate question indirectly, I have not spent any money on the mods you mention because after reading the archives of this forum I was not able to find anyone who could conclusively quantify any gain in fuel economy. I thought about purchasing a catback exhaust system which purportedly improves fuel economy but I wanted it more for the noise. I finally decided I like the quiet rumble the vehicle already makes and left it alone. Don't know if that helps any but there it is... no morphs either .

I also have tried the intakes and exhaust only to return most of it back to stock with the exception of the airaid air filter, and a programmer. (11.6 mpg) Also think about how long it would take to make up the 700 to 1000 dollars in cost if they did work. You might save five bucks a tank. 100 to 200 tanks later you might break even. If you want a small performance gain do it. If you want the gas savings, not worth it at all. The only big performance gain = supercharger IMO
2004 Lux with 6 inch Fabtech with tie rods, 38 inch MT's, 4:88 gears, and some minor engine tweaks.