View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 03:52 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodyears on New H2's

Seriously, it's a fcucking disasterous decision. They're putting Michelin-like tires on the H2. Before I had an H2, when I saw the stock ones, I thought, "That's a pretty rugged tire for a stock vehicle, maybe they really aren't glorified Tahoes." No more. When people who know a little about off-roading see an H2, they are going to think "That can't possibly be designed for real off-roading with those weenie tires." What a stupid idea. First, they stop making the flagship H1, then they put ghey tires on the H2. Selling is all about both capability and image. Hummer loses on the second issue horribly. Some people will realize that the stock H2 is a capable off-road machine except for the ghey tires; however, many will not and simply think the H2 is ghey. For example, a guy at a local 4x4 service and parts place, who I talked to about a year ago, doesn't know sh!t about the H2, but he basically thought it was a Tahoe. The new - GoodYear Cornholio Tire will only make this even more common. Hummer market share will suffer. People who want a Tahoe or Yukon already know how to pay less than the cost of an H2 to get one.

Last edited by MarineHawk : 10-15-2006 at 03:55 AM.