View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cool phone signature / Hummer/Prius Slogan

quote me on this.

the prius is poised for a big-time publicity backlash. gas prices are low, panic is not high, the car isn't really very good (a cool friend of mine has a prius and an H2, lol), the technology works (hybrid) but comes with the next-big-thing among enviros - battery panic, and its all jap. The sales brochure reads like somethign you'd tell a hypnotized person to brainwash them.

and with the backlash against the prius may come general relief from the over-positive reviews given to basically anything toytota. the FJ, the taco, the tundra, the corolla (which sucks, even at its price point) will all perhaps soon face fair and reasonable judgement rather than the rose-colored-glasses reviews they have benefited from to date.

the prius went too far. hollywood being all, well, hollywood. trendy and fearful for not doing the "good" thing, and fearful for not being "in", and overly defensive of the vehicle rather than proactively enthusiastic... A simple car with a battery brainwashed - remarkably - a segment of society. It can't last forever. If the prius comes under scrutiny its followers will fade, its resale value will crash, and blah blah