View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

We installed the hardware to make the second row seats recline and it works perfectly. Here are the facts:

1. Our goal was to have the seats recline enough for people to sleep while we are driving (not for
the cushions to lie flat). The hardware does exactly that. The stock H2 seats cannot recline
further than the leading edge of the bins in the cargo area. The hardware stops the seat just
before it touches the bin. If you want to recline the left row seat, you'll need to relocate
the tire jack.

2. The little lever on the floor controls the seats through 5 or 6 positions of reclining.
The seats are spring loaded so they return to the upright position if you move the lever and
lean forward. The seatbacks fold flat for cargo storage exactly the way they do from the factory.

3. To my eye, the hardware is very strong and well manufactured. I was surprised how large and
heavy it is. It came shipped in a sturdy cardboard box packed with excelsior. The box and
contents arrived in perfect shape.

4. Full disclosure: The manufacturer shipped me the hardware on approval from Japan because I
was his first U.S. customer. When I told him it was perfect, he refused to let me pay because I
was the first person willing to take a chance on his product in the U.S.

5. The originally quoted price was $900. However, I'm told now that the price will be $600 U.S.

6. I had the parts installed for $290 at Mini's Auto Body in Inglewood, CA: (310) 568-8711.
The parts came with complete instructions.

7. You can contact the manufacturer at: sunrocky@fukushin-ind.com

8. Manufacturer website: http://www.fukushin-ind.com

Our family is 100% happy with the product

Best regards,

George
Attached Images

Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system