View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: I humped your hummer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHels
Hey guys, been reading the forums for a while, only getting around to posting now.

I'm needing some help here. We're planning a bit of a road-trip, and decided to get a H2 to do it in. Starting out on the west-coast (LA, San Diego, San Fransisco) then zig-zagging around the country til we end up in Key West. Sticking the vehicle on a boat in Jacksonville and picking it back up in Southampton in England to continue across Europe.

I've set myself a budget of $70000 for the H2 - for which I want a new(ish) yellow H2, 6" rise, 40" tires, Supercharger (Lingenfelter?), Gobi rack, Satnav, DVD/MP3 playback (multi-zone), electric starter etc etc.. Don't need the full off-road treatment, as it will mainly be driven on-road, but planning on going through death valley and places like it so would be helpful I guess. Also not looking for the top-of-the-line in 'bling', just something practical which will take us where we decide to go and keep us entertained on the way there.

Am I being way unrealistic with the budget I've set myself or is it doable? Obviously the $70k budget is for the vehicle itself, any extras such as gas, motels (although we'll be in a tent for much of the trip) etc are coming out of a separate pot so to speak.

Also looking for dealers which would be able to accomodate my needs, which would be to place an order now (or within a few weeks), take part-payment and have the H2 ready for me to pick up sometime at the beginning of June (on the west-coast).

Thinking about emailing westcoast customs, but seing what they've done so far, I'm guessing my $70k wont take me as far as I'd like, so any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers...

Oh.... I'm sorry, you were saying something?