View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Colby:
I bought a used Vortech s/c setup (from a forum member actually) off an 03 for my 05. I've got it mostly installed, but I am running into an issue w/ getting a programmer. The programmer that came with the 03 kit is incompatible with my 05, superchips won't reprogram it to my car, and Vortech won't sell me one from their '05 kit. They use Predator progammer w/ a custom program straight from Diablosport. So I contacted them requesting a programmer w/ the s/c program on it, and they have not called me back. So frustrating. Anyways, I live in Indiana and my next step (which I would've done even if I got the Predator programmer) is to call Lingenfelter and see if they'll throw it on a dyno and tune/program it for me. My question is, what do they change? Do they mess with the a/f ratio, fuel trim, spark advance, etc or is all that left stock? The Vortech kit upgrades the fuel injectors to 8.1L, but the ECU will determine fuel injector pulse width automatically based on whatever the 02 sensors are telling it. Can I drive it w/o reprogramming it?

Colby

If you want to be sure call Allen Nelson at Nelson Performance or if you are more of a do-it-youself guy, check out HPtuners.com