H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious to see if anyone can speculate what might have gone wrong here, particularly if it was poor off-roading technique. Sorry if this is a repost, I searched and came up dry.

http://www.peake.com/occ/OffHighwayV...H2KilledIT.wmv

Thanks,

Pete
Hummer Authority

Just curious to see if anyone can speculate what might have gone wrong here, particularly if it was poor off-roading technique. Sorry if this is a repost, I searched and came up dry.

Thanks,

Pete
Hummer Authority

Thanks,

Pete
Old 01-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Banned

Wheelin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TXSUT:

Thanks,

Pete <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ain't no ****ing Einstein, but I am going to guess that getting a 17" wheel with a 35" tire spinning really really fast then slamming it down onto the ground is going to cause the energy to be transmitted somewhere else. In this case, it was the tie rod that felt that transfer. BTM baby.....BTM.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Driver error!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:36 PM

mim3 is off the scale

I am curious to learn what 4-wheel drive setting he is using. Is it safe to assume not 4-low since the passenger side front was not spinning at the same rate or was it spinning freely do to a no load situation?

Obviously we do not know how much pressure was applied to the accelerator, but could someone enlighten me as to what the correct course of action would have been?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a lot to be said about this vid. The owner of this vehicle had gone through some of the hardest trails and is ( in my opinion) a very experienced off roader. In this video, I'm not sure how new his ride was and if he had gone off roading much with it.

There is a lot to be said for airing down your tires, and minimizing wheel spin. we all know that are tierods are the weakest link in our trucks. many have upgraded these with sleeves or rubber ducks new rods. Others like myself carry an extra. i personally have never broken one yet, but I am the one who is always watching others go first. I know what needs to be done than.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TXSUT:

Thanks,

Pete <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you weren't such a newbie SUT owner you'd be getting your second anus installed right about now.

Alec, I hope you get a nice sharp shooting pain in your testicles every time someone looks at that video and laughs at the H2.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:

If you weren't such a newbie SUT owner you'd be getting your second anus installed right about now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even though I am an admitted SUT/offroad newbie, I am by no means a message board newbie, and fully expected to be flamed to ashes for my post. I wanted an answer, so I asked. If anyone felt the need to flame me, I couldn't give two ****s about it. Trust me, my skin is very thick...I can handle anything anyone has to dish out.

Thanks to everyone who posted!

-Pete
Old 01-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam in CO:
Driver error! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the time when Alec wishes he stomped on the gas.
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pete...

The bottom line here is to carry a couple of spare rods and tools to change them with you if you go offroad. The P/N for the rods are 26059210 and you can get them from www.gmpartsdirect.com for about $31.00 including s/h each. A pair of griplock pliers, http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=13820&R=1382 0 will work in a pinch to change them with. When you get good at changing them you don't even have to take the outer tierod end loose from the steering knuckle, just unscrew the rod from the centerlink and then unscrew it from the tierod end.

BTW, you might want to join us at Katemcy Rocks March 17-21. See the post on the events page under National HUMMER Event for the link. It's a great place to get some good experience.

Don
Old 01-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam in CO:
Driver error! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I concur... dman white boys in CO can't drive......LOL
They are not normal!!!!!!!!!
Just check out the Moab tape... Crazy ass mofos....
Old 01-06-2005, 02:02 AM

mim3 is off the scale

Thanks PhilD...first time I've seen a single front wheel spinning free on an H2. Cheers.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I've been of the board for a few months, but it's good to come back see new and refreshing threads like this.

The good thing was that this driver was able to repair his vehicle in about 1/2 the time it took Dennis to recover from the winch re-wiring incident.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CO Hummer:
The good thing was that this driver was able to repair his vehicle in about 1/2 the time it took Dennis to recover from the winch re-wiring incident. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK! OK! I swear I can make it this time. And I'll bring the cigars! Nice to see you again Alan. Hope all is well with you and your family(Hi Hope! ).

My Video Collectionez