H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 AM

GamblerHummer is off the scale

I luv my 2005 Black H2 , but I have some major disapointments.
1) The paint job is pathetic, and that is about as nice as I can put it. It is not durable at all. It chips very easily, and the paint job is paper thin. Also, I have all kinds of debri/trash and what looks like metallic paint mist stuck in the clear coat from when they sprayed it. They will not do anythiing about it, becaue they refuse to break factory paint. You can only see if it when the truck is detailed and you look closely.

2) The towing ability is no where near as strong as my Ford f150 CREW. There is just no power at all even in the tow mode when towing anything over 3000-lbs. My mpg also drops down to 9 when towing. This a full 3-4 mpg less than I see when not towing. I only dropped 1 mpg with my F150.

Overall, I love the truck and highly recomend it. However, if improvements are not made in these 2 areas, I doubt I will get one again. I will probably just get another ford f150 crew for towing, or if I have the money a H1.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 AM

1) The paint job is pathetic, and that is about as nice as I can put it. It is not durable at all. It chips very easily, and the paint job is paper thin. Also, I have all kinds of debri/trash and what looks like metallic paint mist stuck in the clear coat from when they sprayed it. They will not do anythiing about it, becaue they refuse to break factory paint. You can only see if it when the truck is detailed and you look closely.

2) The towing ability is no where near as strong as my Ford f150 CREW. There is just no power at all even in the tow mode when towing anything over 3000-lbs. My mpg also drops down to 9 when towing. This a full 3-4 mpg less than I see when not towing. I only dropped 1 mpg with my F150.

Overall, I love the truck and highly recomend it. However, if improvements are not made in these 2 areas, I doubt I will get one again. I will probably just get another ford f150 crew for towing, or if I have the money a H1.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:10 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

Apparently,even the H3 has more towing capability than an H2. And yeah, the paint job on my 2005 pewter is kinda crappy.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:50 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GamblerHummer:

2) The towing ability is no where near as strong as my Ford f150 CREW. There is just no power at all even in the tow mode when towing anything over 3000-lbs. My mpg also drops down to 9 when towing.

Overall, I love the truck and highly recomend it. However, if improvements are not made in these 2 areas, I doubt I will get one again. I will probably just get another ford f150 crew for towing, or if I have the money a H1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The paint job sucks.

As for towing, many here tow much larger rigs with no problems at all.

If you're worried about your mileage dropping while towing something weighing 3000 lbs, too bad. All vehicles do it and you must be an idiot. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I doubt I will get one again. I will probably just get another ford f150 crew for towing, or if I have the money a H1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Bitch about mileage, bitch about towing, bitch about paint. Yet you're interested in an H1. You rank Number 4 on the Top Ten of Stupidity.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

Why all that hostiliy on a fellow poster, why not just let him vent?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Efrain:
Why all that hostiliy on a fellow poster, why not just let him vent? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hostiliy = hostility sorry about the typo
Old 09-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Hummer Messiah

Why do you keep digging up old threads?

You stink of troll. Time will tell, smelly boy.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

Nice to meet you Ken! Hope you and I and the rest of the community here can establish a friendship based a mutual respect based on our love of hummers and without any hostility and animosity.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:21 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GamblerHummer:

2) The towing ability is no where near as strong as my Ford f150 CREW. There is just no power at all even in the tow mode when towing anything over 3000-lbs. My mpg also drops down to 9 when towing.

Overall, I love the truck and highly recomend it. However, if improvements are not made in these 2 areas, I doubt I will get one again. I will probably just get another ford f150 crew for towing, or if I have the money a H1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The paint job sucks.

As for towing, many here tow much larger rigs with no problems at all.

If you're worried about your mileage dropping while towing something weighing 3000 lbs, too bad. All vehicles do it and you must be an idiot. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I doubt I will get one again. I will probably just get another ford f150 crew for towing, or if I have the money a H1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Bitch about mileage, bitch about towing, bitch about paint. Yet you're interested in an H1. You rank Number 4 on the Top Ten of Stupidity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He did vent. I just pointed out the problems with his post.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by Efrain:
Nice to meet you Ken! Hope you and I and the rest of the community here can establish a friendship based a mutual respect based on our love of hummers and without any hostility and animosity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We haven't met.

You have yet to post a pic, or even admit you own a HUMMER. He ranked top 4 in Stupidity. You rank 3. Prove me wrong Or Turn North and take your little play boys away.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:31 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

You stink of troll. Time will tell, smelly boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
old thread? It is a honest opinion, if people are repeating it the maybe you ought to take it seriously instead of resulting to mindless name calling. I sincerely hope GM does. About the only thing your diety of is showing your ignorance. I like the looks and off road abilty of the Hummer, thats the only reason I will go H1, if they can not imporove on the H2 paint, and towing. However, if I do not have 130-140 large, I will just go back to a Ford new F150. I refuse to buy used. The H2 pulls the boat just fine, but it strains, lacks power and the gas milaegae drops into single digits. When I pull boast higher than 3000lbs I really feel it. I am 13 mpg around town when not towing and 16-17 highway now, and a drop down to 9 mpg is just unacceptable. I only lost 1 mpg when towing my boat with the F150. I am not going to lie for you, or GM. I am not sure why you would accept thsi, but maybe you just do not expect much for 50-60K, but I personally do.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

You still seem hostile, Ken, and though I we haven't met face to face, we have been communicating through this thread. If you notice on my first reply to Gambler Hummer, I mentioned that I have a 2005 pewter H2. Yes, later on I will post a picture of my H2. I bought from Ken Batchelor Cadillac/Saab/Hummer in San Antonio, Texas and will provide you with the vin upon request.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:53 AM

A little advice KenP, you can not scare what you can not see. The tuff guy act is so 1980's. I do not care how many post you got on this board, it doesn't make you any smarter than anybody else. Unless, you have towed with both a H2, and a 2004-2006 Ford F-150 with the 5.4 you would have no idea how to relate to what I have expressed. I promise you if you do, you will see what I am talking about.

Why would you accept such a horrible paint job, on a 55-60k vehicle? or lack of power compared to another comparable towing vehicle? Only a dolt would accept such mediocrity so blindly ? I stand behind what I said,, and reported it to JD Powers and GM/Hummer. I sincerely hope they listen. Unless people are honest and tell them , how are they suppose to ever correct things? What are you doing to make things better?

I also will be happy to share my VIN number.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

You stink of troll. Time will tell, smelly boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
old thread? It is a honest opinion, if people are repeating it the maybe you ought to take it seriously instead of resulting to mindless name calling. I sincerely hop GM does. About the only thing your diety of is showing your ignorance. I like the looks and off road abilty of the Hummer, thats the only reason I will go H1, if they can not imporove on the H2 paint, and towing. Howeever, if I do not have 130-140 large, I will just go back to a Ford new F150. I refuse to buy used. Edit by KenP: You're f'in stupid. The H2 pulls the boat just fine, but it strains, lacks power and he gas milaegae drops into single digits. When I pull boast higher than 300lbs I really feel it. I am 13 mpg around town when not towing and 16-17 highway now, and a drop down to 9 mpg is just unacceptable. I only lost 1 mpg when towing my boat with the F150.Edit: Buy it back. I am not going to lie for you, or GM. I am not sure why you would accept what a your seeing. but maybe you just do not expect much for 50-60K, but I personally do.Edit: I checked the mileage BEFORE I bought the truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Let's try to make this clear for the slower members of this forum.

CumblerHumbler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I agreed with you on the Paint by posting:
The paint job sucks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> However, you followed with:
I like the looks and off road abilty of the Hummer, thats the only reason I will go H1, if they can not imporove on the H2 paint, and towing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> So you'll buy an H1 because of the looks and offroad ability, not the paint and towing capacity. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You posted this:
Howeever, if I do not have 130-140 large, I will just go back to a Ford new F150. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And you don't, so you will.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> OK, then you posted this:
The H2 pulls the boat just fine, but it strains, lacks power and he gas milaegae drops into single digits. When I pull boast higher than 300lbs I really feel it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You feel 300lbs?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And this:
I only lost 1 mpg when towing my boat with the F150. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What engine is in that garbage truck? I've owned Ford F150's for years.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lastly, you posted this sentence:
I am not sure why you would accept what a your seeing. but maybe you just do not expect much for 50-60K, but I personally do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WTF are you talking about? I got exactly what I wanted for my 50k.

Go back to your F150, Wi****WasAHUMMER, life and stop bitching about the mileage.

I hate dumbasses.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

Why would you accept such a horrible paint job, on a 55-60k vehicle? or lack of power compared to another comparable towing vehicle? Only a dolt would accept such mediocrity so blindly ? I stand behind what I said,, and reported it to JD Powers and GM/Hummer. I sincerely hope they listen. Unless people are honest and tell them , how are they suppose to ever correct things? What are you doing to make things better?

I also will be happy to share my VIN number. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You are obviously an intelligent person. Why would you buy a vehicle with a less than stellar paint job if you are so concerned about paint? Why would you buy a vehicle with a towing capacity less than you require? Why buy a vehicle just to complain about?

Maybe you didn't do your Due Diligence. That's the problem. YOU are looking to blame someone else for your mistakes. I bet you're a lawyer. If not, step up and take responsibility. Stop blaming your shortcomings on others.

The HUMMER line is designed for offroad use as the primary concern. Everything else comes secondary.

Bitch about the paint.... It's not a show truck.
Bitch about the towing capacity.... It's not a tow truck.
Bitch about it's mileage.... It's not a Prius.

You made the choice to buy the vehicle. It wasn't forced upon you.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:45 AM

Ken ...I never meant this to turn into lets's bash a H2 thread. I luv the truck, and take full ownership for buying it. If I am guily of anything, I am guilty of letting Hummer/GM over sell the vehicle to me. I have no patience for excuses . It is time that GM takes the responsability for addressing these shortcomings . They can only pass the blame on to the consumer so long. We have to voice our opinions, or things will remain the same.

I meant to write towing over 3000lbs, and edited it. I agree it is not made for the sole purpiose of being a tow truck. However, the towing capacity is listed at 6700lbs and the F150 Crew at 7,200. . I rarely pull anything above 4,000lbs. So I was not expecting to big of a drop off in power and performance when towing. It was sold as such by Hummer/GM to me . Towing was a concern, but they assured me it was no issue. I guess I could have drove my boat up to the dealership and asked to test drive pulling decent load.

I did a lot of research, but not on paint. So that is my fault for not be aware of issues . I agree it is not a show truck, however I never imagined a 55-60K paint job would be this bad. I know you have had to see how thin, imperfect and durable this paint is. It is just not acceptable.

I have no problems with mileage with my H2. I did not buy it for that, and am very happy with my mpg when not towing.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This thread is as stupid as it can get. If you are for real and really own an H2 and these are your true complaints, then GM/AM General doesn't have anything to worry about. By the way, the truck is built by AM General, painted by AM General. Go take a look at the paint on the $140K H1 you spout you would buy, it's the same paint applied in the same booths. Same orange peel and same issues that H1 owners have complained about for years.

As for towing, you're stupid. Simply admit it and move on. You didn't need to take your bass boat up to the dealership to "test tow" it. If you would have applied a little of the physics that you should have learned in high school and read the specs of the H2, you would know exactly what type of tow vehicle you have. I consistently tow with my H2, so much so that I have brake controller custom made into my dash, up to 10K lbs. It's not my primary tow vehicle but is usually the most convenient to pull with and does so much better than any other SUV except a Suburban/Yukon XL or Excursion.

You state you have no problems with the mileage with your H2 yet you complain that, as logic would hold, mileage drops when you drag a trailer.

Simply move on. You've posted BS here before and I caught you lying about it.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:52 PM

If it is not old paragon the dolt. Still using your ameba size brain I see. You are still sore I see because I proved you wrong on the fuel door. I am the one that caught you lying, and I have done so again. I bet you still think that the chrome option accessories on the new H2's , are aftermarket priced and dealer installed.

I made it clear that the F150 did not see a drop in mpg that the H2 sees when towing 3,000lbs . From 13 to 9 and below is unacceptable. The F150 droped down 1 mpg to 14. An there is no way in hell you could tow 10,000 lbs with the h2, short of some major modifcations. I have serious doubts it can tow anywhere near the 6700 it is rated for period. It is sluggish once over 3,000lbs with no balls.

If you had any brains at all , you would see my reference to taking my boat up to the dealership to test out towing was tongue in cheek. Since your other buddy defends the h2 by saying it is not a tow vehcle. However, they clearly spec it up to 6700lbs.

Show me any kind of proof that the H1's are sprayed in the same location as the H2's. The H2 is assembled at the new state-of-the-art HUMMER H2 Assembly Plant just to the east of the HMMWV/H1 facility.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:38 PM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

Man your digging pretty deep now. if ya got the money to buy an h2 your not concerned with a few miles less on gas mileage. It sounds to me that you got suckered by a car salesman telling you that this suv was a towing hog. I mean if you know of a car salesman that actually tells ya what a vehicles weakness is and is 100% honest than please give me his number and ill buy from him for the rest of my life. Just go ahead and admit that you like the way your boat looks behind the h2 rather than an f150 and eat the difference in milage. If you really do like the looks of the h2 but cant live with the towing than buy a duramax or power stroke along with your h2 then your only out 90k rather than 140 for the H1 your gonna buy money bags. Ive owned f-150's for the past 10 years and other than the 02' harley truck (2wd impractical truck) none have been more fun to own and drive than the h2. If i were you i would just buy a slip for my boat and just stop towing all together, for that matter maybe buy two slips and another boat. As a matter of fact ive got a buddy, you might know him from the yacht club, but id say for the right price he might sell ya one of his. Hell with your credit im sure you would have no problem getting prime on this one.

Here is a pic of his bass tracker.
http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/2005/09/p...ens_other_yacht.html
Old 09-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If it is not old paragon the dolt. Still using your ameba size brain I see. You are still sore I see because I proved you wrong on the fuel door. I am the one that caught you lying, and I have done so again. I bet you still think that the chrome option accessories on the new H2's , are aftermarket priced and dealer installed.

I made it clear that the F150 did not see a drop in mpg that the H2 sees when towing 3,000lbs . From 13 to 9 and below is unacceptable. The F150 droped down 1 mpg to 14. An there is no way in hell you could tow 10,000 lbs with the h2, short of some major modifcations. I have serious doubts it can tow anywhere near the 6700 it is rated for period. It is sluggish once over 3,000lbs with no balls.

If you had any brains at all , you would see my reference to taking my boat up to the dealership to test out towing was tongue in cheek. Since your other buddy defends the h2 by saying it is not a tow vehcle. However, they clearly spec it up to 6700lbs.

Show me any kind of proof that the H1's are sprayed in the same location as the H2's. The H2 is assembled at the new state-of-the-art HUMMER H2 Assembly Plant just to the east of the HMMWV/H1 facility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tell you what sport. You quote the thread where you show me lying, especially about some chrome and I'll go to the farm, put a tractor on a trailer and drag them to the Flying J truckstop and put it on the scales and take a pic just for you. It will total around 17,500 pounds.

Dumbass. I don't think you've shared a picture of your H2 pulling your bass boat. You know, the one that you "compete" in.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

I have towed 8-9K (Bobcat + Rock) that was VERY well balanced on a dual axle flatbead. Togue weight was still well over the factory recomended limit. It wasn't pretty but it did the job over a short distance. Stopping was the scary part.

I tow a Ski Nautique (3-4K) most weekends with no problem. You can certainly tell its back there and I get about 8-9mpg. No surprise there! EXACTLY as expected.

I call TOTAL BS on your mpg while towing with your ****ty ford. My Z71 Dropped 3-4 mpg towing my boat. For that matter, my Dad's duramax drops 2-3 and ITS A DIESEL!!

You should sell the H2. It obviously doesn't meet your "expectations".