H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Hi all,
Im doing research into the H2 and some other SUV's. I'm looking to buy in the next few weeks and was hoping for some feedback on current owners thoughts about their H2. I will mostly be using it as a really cool grocery-getter and also to scare the volvo/escalade moms in carpool! Any info on your likes/dislikes would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Christa
69 Chevelle SS
Old 05-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Hi all,
Im doing research into the H2 and some other SUV's. I'm looking to buy in the next few weeks and was hoping for some feedback on current owners thoughts about their H2. I will mostly be using it as a really cool grocery-getter and also to scare the volvo/escalade moms in carpool! Any info on your likes/dislikes would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Christa
69 Chevelle SS
Old 05-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do you live? I'm in Portland and would be happy to meet you and give you a thorough run down.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:25 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Where do you live? I'm in Portland and would be happy to meet you and give you a thorough run down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Didn't see that coming.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

DONKEY PUNCH!

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Where do you live? I'm in Portland and would be happy to meet you and give you a thorough run down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Didn't see that coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
DONKEY PUNCH! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both of you... gfy.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

DRTYFN...I'm guessin your either single or just a really, really nice guy! I'm in Washington. Long drive for a thorough run down, but thanks! Anything you could post here I would love to read.
69 Chevelle SS
Old 05-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

LMAO!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Hummer Messiah

Where in Washington? There's several other H2 owners that could offer help.

BTW, I am single, but everyone knows I'm a prick.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

Something tells me Christa's sporting 2 ball sacks and a ding dong. Be careful DRTY, this has "Crying Game" written all over it.

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Hummer Messiah

Don't worry, my anti-dong radar is going.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

You say "prick" like it's a bad thing! I guess it all hangs on whether your on the receiving end of it or not! I'm a ways south of Seattle.
69 Chevelle SS
Old 05-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Hummer Messiah

You'll notice the icon. That denotes sarcasm.

How far south?Which dealer are you going to buy from? McCann? You should make the drive to PDX. The dealership just changed hands and they're going to be primed for some hot sales.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess it all hangs on whether your on the receiving end of it or not! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're making me nervous with the dong innuendoes.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Something tells me Christa's sporting 2 ball sacks and a ding dong. Be careful DRTY, this has "Crying Game" written all over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why exactly would you think that Dennis? Something tells ME you've been stung before!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 05-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:

Why exactly would you think that Dennis? Something tells ME you've been stung before! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh ohhhh... The homoghey lingo is causing a blip on the donger radar.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

I want it made clear that I have made not one dong innuendo, thats all dennis! I think he needs a girlfriend or a body pillow!! (sorry Dennis) Anyways, I've been to McCann, we bought our CTS-V from them a few months ago so I would hope they would give us a good deal though just checking their internet pricing, they seem to be pretty happy with their Hummers. I've also checked Dougs in Lynwood. They seem to be a little better. Where is PDX
69 Chevelle SS
Old 05-18-2005, 03:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Dennis
You need to lighten up! Do you not have a sense of humor? Or do you only have one when you are making the jabs? For your information I am not a TROLL, as you so eloquently put it, I'm a mom who does, on occasion, have to go to the grocery store and pick my kids up from school. I don't like driving small vehicles because I like to feel that myself and my family are safe going down the road. I also am used to having vehicles that are unique, and not like every third SUV in the parking lot which is why I like the Hummer. I haul a large horse trailer behind a crew cab. I also on occasion have hauled a boat and a 5th wheel so I think I'm perfectly capable and intelligent enough to drive an H2 which is alot smaller than the truck I have now. All I was looking for was some imformation about the H2 that came from someone other than a salesperson looking for a commision. Thanks for the help Dennis, that was very nice of you.
69 Chevelle SS
Old 05-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christa:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Christa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Research???? Grocery getting???? Carpool????

Shove yer head up your ass and fight for air. You stink of TROLL. Either that or you're REALLY an airhead and recommend you not go behind the wheel on an H2.

Like...Oh my gawd.....Like....Totally!

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeez, the cynicism on the board is overwhelming sometimes.

Christa, I'm going to assume you're not a troll since you didn't come in here bashing the H2. I would honestly go to a local dealer - it doesn't matter which one - and take the H2 on a 24-hour test drive. Go to all the places you would normally go, and see how the truck behaves. I absolutely love my H2 and wouldn't trade it in on anything, but it does have a few things you basically have to "live with." Even tho it costs $50,000+, it's not a luxury vehicle. It rides rough and to me, the interior is rough also. You do have to be careful in heels and skirts - the running boards can get slick when wet, and if you're in a business where you have to take clients out, that can also be a problem. The truck is short, but it's wide and tall - there are several parking decks in my city where the truck won't fit, so I have to park elsewhere and hike often. This may also be a factor in normal parking lots - you may have to park out further than normal if the spaces are tight, or find a spot near a curb you can park half-up on. You also have to be careful in drive-throughs....my H2 will barely squeeze into a space at Sonic, with my mirrors folded in. I've just learned over time where I can and cannot take the truck, and if it's going to be a problem, we take my husband's truck instead.

Other than that, the H2 is a blast to drive. It's a very safe vehicle when driven correctly, and it's nice to know that whatever traffic situation you might encounter, you can probably get out of it with a Hummer. If you do purchase one, I highly recommend getting with a group on here and taking the truck off-road at least once. Nothing extreme, just a good chance to learn what it's capable of so you don't get yourself in a bad situation that you can't get out of. Good luck with your decision.

Stacy
Old 05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Hi Christa...

As another "grocery getter" and carpool mom... here's my take...

The only advice I can give you is to beware of the radio reception on the '03 H2's! I have been round and round with my GM dealer (no HUMMER dealer in my neck of the woods!) about the poor reception, to no avail. To give HUMMER the benefit of the doubt, I DO have an appointment with a dealer next week... we'll see!

However, from my post and research here, I find that my problem is obviously a somewhat common one... and evidently the reason for changing to a "whip" style (DRTYFN, don't go off on that one! -- NOTE the sarcasm icon...) antenna on the '04 models.

Otherwise, I love my H2, and would find it hard to go back to a smaller SUV... Although, my husband would love to see me drive something that is a bit more fuel efficient -- oh well!

Good luck in your research... hope to see a pic of your H2 soon!

OK... just saw "NEW H2" in this topic! Sounds like you are already on the right track!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv