H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-10-2003, 11:11 PM

VU is off the scale

Hello everyone..

I got bumped and left today. Someone snaged my bumper in the back today and I found that it was pushed back.

I need to know if I can replace just that plastic bumper piece on the corner, or if I can take it apart and try to salvage the piece.

The plastic bumper was pushed from the front and when you look at it from the side it is lower in the back and pushed up a little in the front.

If anyone can tell me how to take that bumper piece off and bend it back together again, I would greatly appreicate it.

Thanks in advance.

VU
Old 06-10-2003, 11:11 PM

VU is off the scale

Hello everyone..

I got bumped and left today. Someone snaged my bumper in the back today and I found that it was pushed back.

I need to know if I can replace just that plastic bumper piece on the corner, or if I can take it apart and try to salvage the piece.

The plastic bumper was pushed from the front and when you look at it from the side it is lower in the back and pushed up a little in the front.

If anyone can tell me how to take that bumper piece off and bend it back together again, I would greatly appreicate it.

Thanks in advance.

VU
Old 06-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

It could be more complicated than that. My left rear corner bumper was pushed in slightly with no damage to the plastic bumper. Hummer bodyshop found bend metal bumper pieces inside and replaced the rear left bumper, interior bumper parts, rear center huge metal bumper. $700+ with labor included, 1 day job, but took weeks to get the parts. That was the first time they worked on a H2.

Take a look inside. Body shop manager showed me how easy to spot the bend pieces by an experience buyer if and when I sell the Hummer.

I don't know how to take that side plastic bumper off, but the body shop technician just walked up and took it off in seconds. Looked like even a monkey can do it.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

VU...

The plastic pieces just snap in place. You can remove the whole bumper( with the plastic in place) quite easily by removing the 2 tow hooks and then removing the 2 bolts located behind tow hooks. Once the bumper is lose set it on a stool and support it with one hand while you unplug the trailet conector plug from its socket. You will be able to see the lock tab on the plug once the bumper is back a little ways.

Once the bumper is off you will see how the plastic snaps in place and how the outer bumper wings are bolted on. It takes less than 5 minutes to pull the bumper and weighs less than 50 lbs, just a little awkward to handle, but you can manage it ok if carefull.

Don

[This message was edited by Hummie2 on 06-10-03 at 06:47 PM.]
Old 06-10-2003, 11:40 PM

VU is off the scale

Thanks Mac,

I can't believe it would cost that much. I tried to rebend it back in place by pushing it up, and got it to go, but its still alittle off..

Anybody know how to take it off.. Feeling pretty gloomy right now..

VU
Old 06-11-2003, 01:11 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

$700 is not bad at all, surprisingly low to me, just think how big that rear center bumper is. In your case, you don't need to replace that huge piece or no replacement at all. Mine was very slightly bend, you couldn't see it unless you know it is there. But the car my Hummer backed into had $5,000 bill to rebuild the entire trunk and rear end. My fault my insurance paid.

Just got the new insurance premium notice, jumped from $800 to $1200 for 6 months of $1/2 million coverage.