H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-13-2004, 12:20 AM

unaslob is off the scale

I posted earlier about this... now I have a pic of it. here is what is coming out of this lock. the lock is becoming increasingly difficult to open, took more then 10 minutes to get open yesterday. any suggestions before it seizes completely.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Attached Images

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 01-13-2004, 12:20 AM

unaslob is off the scale

I posted earlier about this... now I have a pic of it. here is what is coming out of this lock. the lock is becoming increasingly difficult to open, took more then 10 minutes to get open yesterday. any suggestions before it seizes completely.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 01-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Una,
Definitely corrosion. It looks like it might be time for a new fuel door. I would consider taking it off soon as you may get to a point where it won't open at all. If you replace it you also might want to consider a different brand of fuel door as that one does not seem to hold up well to the weather we have in the north east.

S&B Member
Old 01-13-2004, 12:44 AM

Paul L is off the scale

what brand????

http://www.carpentryasanart.com
Old 01-13-2004, 12:44 AM

unaslob is off the scale

well anyone out there know of powder black fuel door..... I dont want shiny.... I dont want chrome....

unaslob

Old 01-13-2004, 01:20 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

Realwheel at www.realwheelacc.com
NOt sure the cost I am at home. Can look up our price for you tomorrow if interested.

Mike
Old 01-13-2004, 02:07 AM

sand-hog is off the scale

The real wheels one is good. i have the chrome version. it is easy to install . easy to clean and isnt all that expensive. its like $169.99 .they have two versions of the black one. its either grooved or its smooth. smooth looks best.

'03 Yellow H2,Lux/Adv Package, 3rd Row Seat, 10.7" Flip down LCD monitor w/dvd & TV Tuner. Wood interior trim, RW chrome locking fuel door, hitch step,rear tire carrier, molded frnt/rear mud flaps.
\'03 Yellow H2,Lux/Adv Package, 3rd Row Seat, 10.7\" Flip down LCD monitor w/dvd & TV Tuner. Wood interior trim, RW chrome locking fuel door, hitch step,rear tire carrier, husky molded frnt/rear mud guards.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Oguy is off the scale

I don't know what you paid so I don't know how much trouble to want to go throught to fix. But if it is aluminum "Hard Anodizing" may be a fix for you. Just look up metal plating or finishing in the phone book and you can find a local shop to see what they have to say. If all the white is just salt residue and it is just the lock that is corroding you may just need a good Stainless steel lock to replace that one. ??? good luck.

www.h2ohummers.com
Old 01-13-2004, 02:15 AM

unaslob is off the scale

it is the lock that is corroding..... it really sucks... and needs to get fixed.. I like the smooth black powder coated one...

unaslob

Old 01-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Hummer Guru

According to the Real Wheels catalog I have the "smooth" black powder coated fuel door is part number RWH21388BFD-BP-$175.00

S&B Member
Old 01-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

It is sold on the H2Source Store. See:

http://www.h2source.com/rw202-1bp.htm

Klaus

Skull & Bones Member since 2003
Old 01-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

What brand did you buy in the first place????

I'm looking at the RealWheels one.

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net
Old 01-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Call, bitch a fit and everything else necessary to get it replaced at no charge. I would be furious.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 01-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Hummer Guru

I agree with KenP. I would still start making plans for replacing that door, but I would also call whoever you bought it from and bitch. For what we pay for these things they should last more than a year.

S&B Member
Old 01-14-2004, 12:25 AM

unaslob is off the scale

i bought it from some goofy guy who works for a hummer dealer in california. IF NCHUMMERMAN is out there... please let me know where you got yours... bc. I got it at the same place. I would love to call the guy and bitch.. I live for that. it supposedly is one that is supplied by GM.

unaslob

Old 01-14-2004, 03:21 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are going to get rid of the bad door, let me know.
I will buy it from you.
I am tossing around a couple ideas, but do not want to experiment on a new one.
You can e-mail me at
richard_gonzalez@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com
if you are interested.

Thanks-

Ric-H2
Old 01-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having the same problem with mine, it sure is a pain in the ass to get that lock open now. The weather here eats everything up but it's pretty obvious they were made with junk as the other 50 locks I have outside now and have had in the past never suffered this problem.

S&B Member since '03
Old 01-14-2004, 12:44 PM

unaslob is off the scale

frank.... what did you do to fix it..

ric 20 bucks at it is yours... I will pay for shipping. I will be ordering a new one today. hopefully better mechanism

unaslob

Old 01-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll take it!
E-mail me at
richard-gonzalez@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com
To go over the deatails.

Thanks,

Ric-H2
Old 01-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not seen this one before. A combo unit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33654&item=2453486 478

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Attached Images