H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Who has a black H3 and do you have any regrets with picking that color? I have never had a black car and all I hear is how I am going to spend all my time keeping it clean and how it shows every little scratch, ding, etc... But after searching dealer inventories in California over and over....Seems that I can only find Black with all the stuff I want. So Grey or Yellow is out

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Hummer Guru

Who has a black H3 and do you have any regrets with picking that color? I have never had a black car and all I hear is how I am going to spend all my time keeping it clean and how it shows every little scratch, ding, etc... But after searching dealer inventories in California over and over....Seems that I can only find Black with all the stuff I want. So Grey or Yellow is out

Old 10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
Who has a black H3 and do you have any regrets with picking that color? I have never had a black car and all I hear is how I am going to spend all my time keeping it clean and how it shows every little scratch, ding, etc... But after searching dealer inventories in California over and over....Seems that I can only find Black with all the stuff I want. So Grey or Yellow is out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you have the dealers run a GM Dealerworld search for the color you want, with the options you want?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 PM

Surferjo is off the scale

According to my Dealer Black is the number one color for the H3 (and im sure many other cars).

I have never owned a black car for the same reasons you listed. Have you considered placing a factory order?

Ramp Hummer in NY has over 150 H3's on the lot but 3000 miles may be a bit to far for you.

Good Luck
Old 10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Hummer Guru

fstop, no I didn't, Let me email the guy right now and have him do that for me. I did all the leg work upfront since I was using a GMID cert. I didn't want to push my luck and have them say they found the truck, but won't honor the cert.

surferjoe, I don't have the time now to do the build process, I am pulling the trigger this week. I will go nuts if I ponder this purchase any longer....The few California dealerships I have talked to told me grey was thier number one seller. I guess it depends on the part of the country your in. Black looks awesome, but like i said before I don't want to be a cleaning slave to it either. I am sure at first I will keep it clean as the day it rolled off the factory line, but that gets old after awhile.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bling is off the scale

I have owned 4 black cars and my 5th is my first SUV - H3 Black. I live in So Cal so it is not too much of a problem keeping clean. No regrets; but, definately will take priority over your wife and kids .
Old 10-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Hummer Guru

I don't think I am going to allow them in it, unless they want to pay a toll. Kinda like going to Disneyland

Old 10-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Klint is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a red one and I love it!
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Hummer Guru

Yeah, Red is cool Klint. I had a Red 4 door jimmy 4x4 in college. Thats why I try to go with a new color everytime I get a car, since I tend to keep them for along time.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMER H3 4 ME is off the scale

What about a blue color?
Mom: 2008 Cadillac Escalade - Blue Chip
Brother: In the near future: 2009 HUMMER H3T - All-Terrain Blue
Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

If you can find a superior blue, they are pretty. Still a pretty rare color.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Hummer Guru

Yeah, I like the blue too....Heck I like all the colors....I would even take pink if that was the only color that had a V8 in it

Old 10-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I like all the colors too but Slate Blue is the one for me. Don't know about everywhere else but there are more Superior than Slate down here. Well, at the dealership at least. Don't think I have seen either on the road yet.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
Who has a black H3 and do you have any regrets with picking that color? I have never had a black car and all I hear is how I am going to spend all my time keeping it clean and how it shows every little scratch, ding, etc... But after searching dealer inventories in California over and over....Seems that I can only find Black with all the stuff I want. So Grey or Yellow is out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a black H3 and I can definitely say that it's not easy to keep clean. I added mud flaps which have helped tremendously but black shows everything. I even have some light scratches from taking it through the car wash (yes, I know that's bad but I'm not going to hand wash this thing once or twice a week). My other choice was Boulder Grey but nothing looks better than black when it's clean . I'm not sure how the weather is in Fresno but if it doesn't rain all that often, black might be the way to go.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:

I have a black H3 and I can definitely say that it's not easy to keep clean. I added mud flaps which have helped tremendously but black shows everything. I even have some light scratches from taking it through the car wash (yes, I know that's bad but I'm not going to hand wash this thing once or twice a week). My other choice was Boulder Grey but nothing looks better than black when it's clean . I'm not sure how the weather is in Fresno but if it doesn't rain all that often, black might be the way to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weather here is somewhat extreme both ways. Cold and rainy in the winter and hotter than hell in the summer. I agree the black does look awesome when clean. Yeah I realized I would no longer be able to just fill up and run it through the gas station wash. So its either off to the hand wash or the driveway wash.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:

I have a black H3 and I can definitely say that it's not easy to keep clean. I added mud flaps which have helped tremendously but black shows everything. I even have some light scratches from taking it through the car wash (yes, I know that's bad but I'm not going to hand wash this thing once or twice a week). My other choice was Boulder Grey but nothing looks better than black when it's clean . I'm not sure how the weather is in Fresno but if it doesn't rain all that often, black might be the way to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weather here is somewhat extreme both ways. Cold and rainy in the winter and hotter than hell in the summer. I agree the black does look awesome when clean. Yeah I realized I would no longer be able to just fill up and run it through the gas station wash. So its either off to the hand wash or the driveway wash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't mind taking care of it, black is the best color in my opinion. I have black with Ebony/Morocco interior and I've gotten tons of compliments. I used to be real anal about keeping my car spotless but as long as it's clean on the inside and at least somewhat clean on the outside, I'm happy. I haven't hand-washed or waxed my own car since the very first car I owned, but I do take my cars through the car wash whenever I feel like they need it (even if it's 2 or 3 times a week). I had my H3 waxed at the end of the summer and I'll have it waxed again after the winter. I really do recommend the mud flaps - they make a huge difference.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

crotch_rocket_pilot is off the scale

I have a black and love it. I debated with black this time as well, the Jeep I traded in was black also. It is a little harder to keep clean, but its a small price to pay for a nice looking ride. Two things I have done though are...I went to Ziebart and added Diamond Gloss to my paint finish...its like having a Year Round Wax Job that protects the paint..also I never take it through regular car wash to avoid scratches. I always take it through the local Laser Car wash and that does the trick, gets it clean without having anything touch it. I also added mud flaps which seemed to help a little.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crotch_rocket_pilot:
I have a black and love it. I debated with black this time as well, the Jeep I traded in was black also. It is a little harder to keep clean, but its a small price to pay for a nice looking ride. Two things I have done though are...I went to Ziebart and added Diamond Gloss to my paint finish...its like having a Year Round Wax Job that protects the paint..also I never take it through regular car wash to avoid scratches. I always take it through the local Laser Car wash and that does the trick, gets it clean without having anything touch it. I also added mud flaps which seemed to help a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Diamond Gloss sounds interesting - too bad there isn't a Ziebart near me.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

That Diamond Gloss sounds interesting - too bad there isn't a Ziebart near me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, sounds interesting and will have to check and see if there is one around. What does it cost on an H3?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crotch_rocket_pilot:
I have a black and love it. I debated with black this time as well, the Jeep I traded in was black also. It is a little harder to keep clean, but its a small price to pay for a nice looking ride. Two things I have done though are...I went to Ziebart and added Diamond Gloss to my paint finish...its like having a Year Round Wax Job that protects the paint..also I never take it through regular car wash to avoid scratches. I always take it through the local Laser Car wash and that does the trick, gets it clean without having anything touch it. I also added mud flaps which seemed to help a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the diamond gloss like a heavy duty clear coat? Any sort of upkeep on it? I found a Ziebart in Sacramento, about 150 miles from me.
thanks!