H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-12-2003, 01:16 AM

maybe some day... is off the scale

Fox 5 NY just reported on the 10:00pm news that environmentalists are looking to get Hummer ads taken off the air and are planning national protest this Saturday.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:47 AM

HummerN23 is off the scale

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6916043161&m=494606628 4
Old 11-12-2003, 03:14 AM

jambo is off the scale

MAYBE THE TREE HUGGERS SHOULD INVESTIGATE A LITTLE FURTHER-------HUMMER HELPS------- THIS WAS CREATED AND FUNDED BY HUMMER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. ALSO THE VORTEC ENGINE HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE 1998, IT IS THE HUMMER H2, NOW IT'S A PROBLEM.. THIS IS FROM www.gm.com

FOR RELEASE: September 8, 2003

HUMMER And Tread Lightly! Team Up To Restore Recreation Sites And Launch HUMMER Helps

Ogden, UT - The national nonprofit organization Tread Lightly! ® and General Motors' HUMMER division recently announced HUMMER Helps, a new partnership under the umbrella of Tread Lightly!'s Restoration for Recreation (program aimed to promote socially responsible four-wheeling by enhancing recreational areas and educating the public about responsible outdoor use. HUMMER and Tread Lightly! announced the new initiative at a trail cleanup event in Drummond Island, Mich., this past Saturday.

Tread Lightly!, whose mission is to empower generations to enjoy the outdoors responsibly, received a $100,000 endowment from HUMMER to specifically be administered as a grant-giving initiative. The endowment will be distributed to select outdoor enthusiast clubs who are Tread Lightly! members and have pinpointed recreational areas in need.

The Restoration for Recreation endowment was given to Tread Lightly! as part of a program within the HUMMER division titled HUMMER Helps. The HUMMER Helps program was created to recognize HUMMER owners who have utilized their vehicle's capability for acts of humanity, and to sustain the lands where outdoor enthusiasts enjoy off-highway activities.

"HUMMERs are purpose-built vehicles with superior off-highway capability and many of our owners work to protect the environment for future use," said Mike DiGiovanni, HUMMER general manager. "This donation to Tread Lightly! will bring local community volunteers together with federal, state and local land management agencies to work toward a common goal-enhancing our recreational areas."

Over 150 community volunteers, HUMMER owners and employees of Tread Lightly! and GM attended the daylong cleanup event on Drummond Island, hosted by the International HUMMER Owners Group. Attendees participated in various restoration activities, including preserving trail landmarks and picking up debris.

"Tread Lightly!'s relationship with HUMMER is a true, collaborative partnership that is long-term in scope because outdoor ethics is a long-term issue requiring long-term solutions by all involved," said Lori Davis, executive director of Tread Lightly!. "This endowment is a new dimension to this partnership and demonstrates further HUMMER's commitment to the environment through education and restoration."

Tread Lightly! members can find endowment funding applications at www.treadlightly.org. Projects are graded on set criteria including cost, maintenance, membership status and value of the project to the area.

Tread Lightly!'s Restoration for Recreation program began in 1997. It was created to relieve the increasing pressures from recreation, irresponsible recreation practices, aging facilities, and a lack of government funding.

Based in Ogden, Utah, Tread Lightly! is a non-profit organization that is an ethical and educational force among outdoor enthusiasts and the industries that serve them. Tread Lightly! carries out programs designed to instill a proactive, low-impact message among enthusiasts, manufacturers, advertising agencies, the media and children of all ages.

###

JAMBO
HUMMER OF MARIETTA
Old 11-12-2003, 04:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmmm..... wouldn't have anything to do with the recent parade, would it? Now do you NYC guys begin to understand why I was such a pisser about your high profile event? Treehuggers usually sit around until one of them gets some semblance of an idea in their head and then they swarm into action like bees after they too get that idea into their empty heads. That was just the catalyst they needed. How proud of yourself are you now WhiteBeast? What do you think you can do for an encore? Run down some old folks? Start a forest fire with your H2?

I think I'm going to get a body kit and disguise my H2 as a beer truck.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:13 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HummerN23:
http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6916043161&m=494606628 4<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, thanks, I had seen your thread... but I've given up posting anything to that section as topics there usually get little or no response.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

hey this is good, I will be paying a visit to my dealer. I hope there are plenty of protesters there. Here is the email adress for these eco freaks. Every one should e-mail them and give them a piece of thier own envirorment.

ccan@chesapeakeclimate.org.

Doug
2003 Metalic Red H2
Adventure Series. w/navigation/Sat Radio/Winch
Old 11-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 TOIE is off the scale

Channel 11 in Los Angeles ran the story about the protest last night and the clips they were running had a grayish blue sut going over some serious terrian. It look pretty cool. I have been looking to buy a new pickup but even though the sut has such a small bed in the back it might be worth the wait.
If they do protest this weekend i'll have to go to the dealer and order one.

Dan
Old 11-12-2003, 02:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

Make sure to bring your baseball bat.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent them a very nice email.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:42 PM

2slo4now is off the scale

Why doesn't anyone protest boats. No cat converters, most ride around just for fun. My boat uses 2 gallons of fuel to get one mile. My H2 get 10mpg and doesn't pollute. I guess my feeble Alabama mentality can't figure it out.

Dan from Alabama

lets not even bring up airplanes.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

"Chesapeake Climate Action Network"
Just got off that loser website. You guys might want to check it out, it's good for a few laughs. Incidentally the loser chick with no life that is running this monumental affair is Dawn Ratcliffe. And in case any of you guys would like to give her a call, (for a date, ride in the Hummer, etc...)her phone number is (301) 920-1644. Go ahead...make her day.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards
Old 11-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Several of my friends have told me how they have been seeing/hearing commercials for the H2 all over the place lately. I haven't seen one but I suppose it's true.

DF's right, this is all clearly Whitebeast's fault. The NYC gathering has influenced Hummer to launch a national marketing campaign. The photo of the month has obviously incited environmentalists (who all have Internet access, you know) to unite around the country once they saw a few Hummers having fun.

To be certain it doesn't happen again I will not associate with other Hummer owners in public places. If I see a Hummer, I will drive the other way. I've also purchased a "Brinks" uniform and magnetic sign to stick on my rig to get in and out of the city.

It was all so obvious, how could we not have seen this coming!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Hummer Messiah

Funny, smartass.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:58 PM

For the Chesapeake Bay area:

A press conference precedes the protest at Greenbelt Capitol Hummer (6500 Capitol Drive, Greenbelt, MD) from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on November 14. The actual protest is at Anderson Hummer (10139 York Road, Cockeysville, MD) from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

This site is even funnier, or not...
http://www.shalomctr.org/index.cfm/a...rticle401.html

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-13-2003, 02:11 AM

jambo is off the scale

YOU VETERAN GUYS TO THE SITE MAY ALREADY KNOW THIS, BUT ANYONE WHO DOESN'T CHECK OUT www.fuh2.com
SOMEONE CALLED OUR DEALERSHIP ASK US TO CHECK IT OUT.......
Old 11-13-2003, 03:15 AM

argonaut is off the scale

KenP, I sent that shalom center site a nice enraged Jewish email to tell them how pissed off I am. What a bunch of crappy Jews. Don't think we are all like that. Those people are not really Jewish in my book
Old 11-13-2003, 09:55 AM

drouke is off the scale

those fuh2 idiots are the kind of punks i used to beat up in high school. I also like that they are not flipping off any H2 drivers.... just the trucks.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to run a Hummer up there ASS! and give them a new out look on life.