H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Guys and Gals:

I have a 2005 H2 with the factory exterior spare tire carrier. I bought the factory-recommended Warn 9.5i winch that fits in the receiver. Now that I have it, it looks like the unit won't fit in the rear receiver with the spare tire carrier locked shut.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Do you winch from the rear with the tire carrier open?

Thanks,

George
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Hummer Expert

Guys and Gals:

I have a 2005 H2 with the factory exterior spare tire carrier. I bought the factory-recommended Warn 9.5i winch that fits in the receiver. Now that I have it, it looks like the unit won't fit in the rear receiver with the spare tire carrier locked shut.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Do you winch from the rear with the tire carrier open?

Thanks,

George
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 09-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the better question is...has anybody ever winched from the rear? That's one of my concerns with purchasing a winch bumper...if I would ever need to winch from the rear....

As far as doing it from the rear with the carrier open, just make sure it's clear and won't catch on anything or swing around and hurt someone...

'03 H2
Old 09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Hummer Expert

I've read posts by people who have winched from the rear as often as from the front. However, the issue of the rear-mounted spare tire was never mentioned. Part of my concern about winching from the rear with the spare tire carrier open is that jerking motion from winching could damage the carrier or truck via the leverage of the extended tire carrier. There is also the safety issue of the tire carrier whipping about.

Thanks,

George
Old 09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

JohnB.GWU. is off the scale

thought about a winch bumper too, but a multi mount is SO versatile. If you front end gets sunk in deep mud and you dont want to pull through it, go back. But for the true enthusiast, a front winch bumper and a multimount is in order.
05\' Yellow Lux - BACK TO YELLOW BABY!!!
04 S55 Benz w/Brabus Tuning