H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

I wave whenever I see another Hummer. Rarely, does anyone wave back. Except one guy! he keeps flipping me the finger that Drty......!
Old 03-29-2005, 02:29 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

Well, its confession time for me. I was driving down to Morongo to play a little Texas Hold'em, and I was so caught-up in the experience of driving my new H2, that a SUT approached from the opposite direction and waved, however, I did not realized this until it was too late to wave back. I felt like **** for about two seconds, until the thrill of driving my H2 kicked back in....I was bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Really messed the truck up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you elaborate?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually received a wave when we stopped for lunch somewhere in Tennessee. After I blinked my lights several times and stuck my hand in front of the windshield did he wave. Almost looked annoyed!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost always get waves here and usually wave first...but understand if they can't wave in heavy traffic. It's not like you'd mistake the H2 for anything else! Well, maybe a Brinks truck in the dark.

It's the occasional female scream "I LOVE YOUR HUMMER!" that I haven't been able to get used to.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:35 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

Don't wave in Las Vegas. Too busy dodging crazy California drivers.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:53 AM

wch3 is off the scale

Depends what you classify as a wave. In CT and the most of the northeast, H2s are not a common truck -- not as much as Suburbans and Escalades. However, most H2 owners will wave to each other if their men. This wave possessing all five digits, moving from left to right. I've waved to women driving H2s only to receive a do-I-know-you look or no look because she's got a cell phone attached to the ear -- a very dangerous situation in the making.

However, the other type of wave that is very common at least in CT is one that contains the one digit, usually the thumb, in a pointed down motion.

A women, less restrained, gave my wife the other one-fingured wave when my wife was dropping off our kids to school. Upon my wife's way back from the school she encountered the same woman who had smashed the front of her car into the side of someonelse's vehicle. My wife naturally and kindly gave the woman a five-fingered wave as she passed the acccident, which the woman had clearly caused.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

I get an interesting wave though it happens mostly at night. Since mine is lifted about 8" over stock and I have the Xeon headlights, many times when I stop behind people they do two interesting things. First, they adjust their rear view mirrors then they wave at me. Not you the traditional wave, but an odd, sort of abriviated wave using one finger. Hmmmmmmm. Phil....you too shall see this odd human behavior soon when yours is lifted.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was driving down to Morongo to play a little Texas Hold'em </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You the one that caught up to me, (Dirty Red Hummer) waving just before you got to Morongo! I've been playing a fair amount of hold'um there also! Going out again today!
Old 04-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in Los Angeles, despite the crowding, people are aching to connect. They are also driven by the social norm to be cool. I have developed what I believe to be the quintessential wave for this part of the country.

When I see another Hummer (H anything) I ordinarily already have my left hand out the window. Upon approach, I extend the left index finger toward them, maintaining an angle just slightly below horizontal. This is similar to animals showing submission to a more dominant conspecific (a kind of “you da man” gesture). It gives acknowledgement, yet shows humility. So far, I haven't been fired on by the "pimp my ride" crowd. Additionally, if there is no acknowledgement from the other driver, the gesture is subtle enough so that I can act as though I was merely stretching my finger, thereby maintaining the cool factor. Very bad form in L.A. to say "Hi" first and not be acknowledged.

(Please don't take this too seriously.)
Old 04-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamesT:
I get an interesting wave though it happens mostly at night. Since mine is lifted about 8" over stock and I have the Xeon headlights, many times when I stop behind people they do two interesting things. First, they adjust their rear view mirrors then they wave at me. Not you the traditional wave, but an odd, sort of abriviated wave using one finger. Hmmmmmmm. Phil....you too shall see this odd human behavior soon when yours is lifted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say unfortunately, 'Hummer Lights', as I call them...occur often...when driving in my 'regular car' pre-Hummer it would DRIVE ME INSANE how retarded people drive to get around you, in front of you, etc...literally go against traffic lines/laws/common sense to do so....for whatever rush they are in because you end up behind them at THE NEXT LIGHT ANYWAY!!! retards...anyway...i'm fairly conscience of the fact that the H2 is higher up than most cars and the lights are definitely higher than most trucks...so I try to stay a few feet off of peoples rear bumpers at night to not blind them...as a courtsey...but those people...the ones i reference before hand...if the can FINALLY get around me ( big rig - for some reason it takes up a LOOOOTTTT of space and is not easy to get around or cut off - especially w/ a little bit of help from the driver... )....

anyway...when they do finally get around me...I pull up, as I would have in any other vehicle...right on their bumper and give them the....

DISTINCT HONOR AND PLEASE OF "HUMMER LIGHTS"

*fine print:typically followed by a deep, long and repetitive Star Wars Emperor like laugh....to which passengers of my ride often roll their eyes....
Old 04-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

Ok, so I took a drive today...passed 2 other H2's during the trip to the driving range...waved at both of them ( one woman and one man )...neither waved back or even noticed my truck for that matter...errr...the most emotion I got was from my @sshole buddy who was riding co-pilot...he laughed and called me a 'fag' ....after which I proceeded to make him my byotch
Old 04-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Drove through oregon on saturday and I would say that 7/10 vehicles I passed waived to me in the heppner area. My guess, maybe there is someone in the area that owns an h2, and everyone thought I was him. Stopped to get directions from a couple of farmers out in the field, the guy walked up and said "I've never seen a hummer before."

'03 H2
Old 04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Of the few, H2 drivers I see around, they must be pricks (except me). I get most of my waves from the local cops, others in town who recognize me by my vehicle, bikers (not the environmentally concious kinds), truckers, and other non-H2 4x4 drivers, and the guy who has an H1 across town.

But most of all, middle school aged boys at the local schools and on the school buses. Boy do they love seeing my ride.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:47 AM

Salt Lake City HUMMER is off the scale

does any body else get the finger from little kids, I dont know what I did but everywhere I go kids age 6 to 16 give me the finger. i dunno.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, maybe they're telling you you're #1?
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 AM

Salt Lake City HUMMER is off the scale

maybe i should return the favor to them !?
Old 04-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the opposite. Kids love my truck - I passed by a group of teenage stoners the other day who actually STOOD up and started cheering as I went by. That could be due to the drugs tho...

All the kids on my block are fascinated with my truck. Our 7 yr old neighbor has one of the larger remote control yellow H2s....when he's done playing with it, he parks it next to mine in the driveway.

Adults are the nasty ones. I wonder where they cross the line from enjoyment that such a cool vehicle exists to hatred and jealousy? Must be those liberal arts colleges.

Stacy