H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I just had the Alpine DVD NAV added to the Rosen R6500 Head unit. It works great! A very nice system. 11,000,000. points of interest!
Here are some PICS:
ALPINE DVD NAV

H2 MODS:
Xtremeflow Exhaust, Power Flash Programmer, Xtremeflow Intake, Hella Bixenons, Polished Skid Plate, Chrome OEM Wheels, Chrome Driving Light Bezels, Rosen R6500

Old 12-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Hummer Authority

I just had the Alpine DVD NAV added to the Rosen R6500 Head unit. It works great! A very nice system. 11,000,000. points of interest!
Here are some PICS:
ALPINE DVD NAV

H2 MODS:
Xtremeflow Exhaust, Power Flash Programmer, Xtremeflow Intake, Hella Bixenons, Polished Skid Plate, Chrome OEM Wheels, Chrome Driving Light Bezels, Rosen R6500

Old 12-13-2003, 01:21 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

NJ-Nice and clean on the install . What else did you do to the sound system? Cool pictures on the link.

BTW, what's the little black thing on the right side, a remote or something??
Old 12-15-2003, 11:36 PM

Allen is off the scale

How much????
Old 12-16-2003, 12:04 AM

JohnS is off the scale

Looks like a perfect fit. Can you give us details of what you did and how you did it? Does the nav system have GPS mapping? Where's the rest of the stuff; radio controls, cd/dvd slot, etc.?

JohnS
Old 12-16-2003, 02:16 AM

HMSH2 is off the scale

Congrats on your Alpine Navigation purchase! I have had the Alpine Nav in my Denali for 2 1/2 years and I will admit, it is the single best item I have purchased thus far. I highly recommend this for everyone.

The nav system does have GPS mapping and is very capable in getting the driver to his/her desired destination.

Hood Motorsports

- 1967 427 L71 Corvette (99%+ Bloomington Gold Certified, restored to original)
- 1998 Lingenfelter 383 C5 (over 500hp and 11's in the 1/4 mile)
- 2001 GMC Yukon Denali (22" wheels and tires, extensive multimedia system, and performance mods)
- 2002 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's/Mom's ride)
- 2003 H2 (Breathless Performance Stage 2B Package)

- 1967 427 L71 Corvette (99%+ Bloomington Gold Certified, restored to original)
- 1998 Lingenfelter 383 C5 (over 500hp and 11\'s in the 1/4 mile)
- 2001 GMC Yukon Denali (22\" wheels and tires, extensive multimedia system, and per
Old 12-17-2003, 01:11 AM
Hummer Authority

I paid $1,400. for the Alpine NAV. I also added a NECVOX/ROSEN 10 disc DVD/CD Changer, 2 interfaces from PAC (so I still have Onstar and my steering wheel controls), and an amp for the Alpine Sub. IMO Alpine has the best NAV around. The radio, CD/DVD player in the screen you are looking at with the NAV. It's a Rosen/Necvox radio. Features include an integrated DVD/CD/MP3 player, AM-FM tuner, TV tuner*, 45W x 4 channel amplifier, JPEG viewer. You can also add a color back-up camera to it if you want to the AUX button although that is where I have the NAV hooked to since NECVOX/ROSEN has not released their NAV system yet.
Here are a few PICS:

H2 MODS:
Xtremeflow Exhaust, Power Flash Programmer, Xtremeflow Intake, Hella Bixenons, Polished Skid Plate, Chrome OEM Wheels, Chrome Driving Light Bezels, Rosen R6500, Alpine DVD NAV

Old 12-17-2003, 01:39 AM

unaslob is off the scale

sweet install.... NJ.. who and where did the install

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 12-17-2003, 01:56 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unaslob:
sweet install.... NJ.. who and where did the install
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Circuit City in Brick, NJ
I went there on a referral from someone who had work done there. They did a great job!

H2 MODS:
Xtremeflow Exhaust, Power Flash Programmer, Xtremeflow Intake, Hella Bixenons, Polished Skid Plate, Chrome OEM Wheels, Chrome Driving Light Bezels, Rosen R6500, Alpine DVD NAV

Old 12-17-2003, 02:02 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
Nice job in hooking up the nav NJ. It finishes that system off nicely. Do all the controls on the Necvox head unit work okay?

If I ever went further than the local mall, I'd get one myself <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!
All the head unit controls work the radio, in dash cd/dvd and 10 disc dvd/cd changer. The Alpine NAV needs the remote.
The controls themselves on the Necvox/Rosen work fine.

H2 MODS:

Old 12-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

NJ,
That's a good looking system. Can you use different GPS software than the one supplied by Alpine? I'd like to be able to use my Garmin & Delorme s/w.
Old 12-17-2003, 03:54 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
NJ,
That's a good looking system. Can you use different GPS software than the one supplied by Alpine? I'd like to be able to use my Garmin & Delorme s/w.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since it connects to the AUX input I would assume you could use any NAV system but I'm not 100% sure. I would contact Necvox/Rosen to make sure.

H2 MODS:

Old 12-17-2003, 04:35 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you get the 3210? I understand that it can do MP3's now? I'd be very interested to know if you have the 100F controlled by the head unit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I got the Necvox 3210

H2 MODS: