H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

I have an Adventure Package with a Navigation system as an add on. I bought it this way from a dealer new. It was an auto car show truck, so I'm guessing thats why it was done. But I don't have sat. radio with it. What would I need to do in order to get my sat. radio working?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

I have an Adventure Package with a Navigation system as an add on. I bought it this way from a dealer new. It was an auto car show truck, so I'm guessing thats why it was done. But I don't have sat. radio with it. What would I need to do in order to get my sat. radio working?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

XM Radio is an option separate from the Navigation Radio option. You could have one or the other or both.

GM sells a kit to retrofit XM Radio, which is what I did to my 2003 (XM was not an option in 2003). There are also aftermarket kits to add XM Radio. Do a search on this site for more information.

Klaus
Old 01-27-2006, 01:24 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Are you positive it doesn't have xm already? I have yet to see one with that setup without xm standard (at least on '04 and later). Klaus is correct in that there are both oem and aftermarket retro fit kits. Terk makes a nice kit that is not expensive and works directly with your TNR radio; they call it xm direct or XMDGMK and is easy to install as well.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

Hey Movin.. I just did an install in my 03 and posted the steps/pictures taken to do so. That post can be found here

I ordered my setup from Beach Audio at this web location

This setup works great and Im sure you will be happy with it.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
Are you positive it doesn't have xm already? I have yet to see one with that setup without xm standard (at least on '04 and later). Klaus is correct in that there are both oem and aftermarket retro fit kits. Terk makes a nice kit that is not expensive and works directly with your TNR radio; they call it xm direct or XMDGMK and is easy to install as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope it didn't have it. I just had it in the other day to have the Navigation changed out. It burned out cause of a bad fan and the tech said he couldn't figure out why my XM didn't work than we looked as said it was cause I didn't have one. I'll check into doing one myself. Thanks guys.

By the way mines a 05 Adventure with the Nav option. Do you guys really think it's odd it didn't come standard?.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dewi2005:
Hey Movin.. I just did an install in my 03 and posted the steps/pictures taken to do so. That post can be found here

I ordered my setup from Beach Audio at this web location

This setup works great and Im sure you will be happy with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks I'll look into it. Maybe I should be talking to my dealer first to see if it should of been standard.