H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-17-2005, 09:47 PM

CRUZMISL is off the scale

When I accelerate(hard) and decelerate (hard) I hear a knock coming from the drivetrain. It's worse when it's cold outside. Anyone know what it is? I thought I read a TSB on a similar item but I searched and couldn't find anything.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-17-2005, 09:47 PM

When I accelerate(hard) and decelerate (hard) I hear a knock coming from the drivetrain. It's worse when it's cold outside. Anyone know what it is? I thought I read a TSB on a similar item but I searched and couldn't find anything.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

It's to let u know you haven't posted in this forum for a long time! Welcome back! (Sorry I can't help... )
Old 02-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Posted by Klaus:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?m=7136014471&a=tpc&cdra=Y&s=2826088551&r=19 46014471&f=6706011751
Document ID # 930241

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service VME - Driveline Clunk Upon Accelerating in a Forward Direction After Backing Up #PI00446
Service VME -- Driveline Clunk Upon Accelerating in a Forward Direction After Backing Up

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.

SERVICE VME
If you encounter a driveline clunk on a HUMMER H2 upon accelerating in a forward direction after backing up, first verify that the problem is not driveline lash related and then replace the park brake cables. The new part numbers are: left hand side, 15190243, and right hand side, 15190244

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

And two more by Klaus:
http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=917607536 2
http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=355607536 2

Do you have a SC? Could be detonation if you do. Retard the timing a bit.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the tsb's and the welcome back. It has been a while. I got a new job so I've been pretty busy. The warranty is about to expire so I want to be sure I get eeverything covered.

Joe