H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

Pahrump is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Wheels finally...

I have 22's with +12 offset and 37x13.50s on my wifes....no rub anywhere on the body...only on the sway bar at full lock. Theres no lift at all in these pics...I installed the green keys but without longer shocks it rode like crap so I will install longer shocks next week, crank the keys and install the spacers in the rear.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

ehaser is on a distinguished road

how wide are the rims? Just curious.
I really cant imagine why 22x10 atx thugs with a 0mm offset wouldn't fit if yours do? As long as they clear the sway bars I can trim the inner fender... Shouldn't be a problem. My only concern is that I have a limited amount of room in my garage. If I got with 37's and they dont fit I'm not going to have to clearance to lift the truck an additional 2-3 inches. I'd really like to stick with 22's either way, even if I do decide to go with 35inch tires. That way I can upgrade in the future if my garage happens to grows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahrump
I have 22's with +12 offset and 37x13.50s on my wifes....no rub anywhere on the body...only on the sway bar at full lock. Theres no lift at all in these pics...I installed the green keys but without longer shocks it rode like crap so I will install longer shocks next week, crank the keys and install the spacers in the rear.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Pahrump is on a distinguished road

22x9.5

They rub the sway bar at full lock...but not a big deal...dont touch the body anywhere
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Elcova Newbie

FIREHAWK24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaser
I'd like to know as well. I remember seeing another post that stated the kuhmo's "on" road handling sucked...

Maybe I should go with the toyo's instead. Truthfully, I'd love 37's on 22 inch wheels but after all the concerns maybe I should go with the 35's on 20's..
I've included a few pics of trucks that I like

Some have 37's and some 35's..

The blue SUT with the gobi rack has the setup that i want only with 20 inch wheels with 37" kuhmos...

THoughts?
I just put them on my H2 and I love them! Quite for a MT. I dont notice any body roll compared to my old BFG MT , I also installed the Bilstiens front and back, what a difference! I would do more research on the tires. dont let one opinion change your mind.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

maybe im missing the point here, so forgive me...

im run 20x10 Rockstar rims with a 37 inch BFG MT tire on my 2003 H2.

unless you stay with a 35 inch tire, there WILL be some rubbing on the front end.. it might be on the back inner well ( platic and easily to trim) or it will be on the sway bars. mine rubbed ont he plastic innerwell.

there is no rubbing on the back end, and my tires stick out past the fender well.

If you are concerned about your rear tires hitting your fenderwell, you are doing something wrong somewhere.

it doesnt matter really what size rim you want, or buy.... its the overall tire size that is going to matter. you can buy a 34 inch rim, and a 35 inch tire to fit that rim.. ya its only 1 inch of rubber, but regardless it is still only a 35 inch wheel, which is stock on H2's.

now, if you have the airride suspension in the back... then there are some tricks that you will have to do depending on the width of tire you buy.

if you buy a tire that is only 12.5, then you dont need to do anything except mount the tires and drive away.

if you are buying a 13 inch + wide tire, you need to modify the air ride sensor on the drivers side rear tire well. it is a very very very easy mod, and should take no more than 10 mins start to finish. this is a must for tires this wide.
do not let anyone tell you different... and again, this is only if you have the air ride. if you have springs, then you are fine.

so, what am i missing?