H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Remember that little survey we filled out a few weeks back. I had some time today so I sharpened my pencil and did some tabulating. Here are the results:

H2 OWNERS AND NON-OWNERS
85% of members of the forum are H2 owners, 15% are envious. Not surprisingly, non-owners are 5 years younger on average, own fewer cars, fewer are married, and basically at an earlier stage in their lives.

AGE OF OWNERS
Average age of owners is 40, which is also the median age. Highest age is 64, which should be higher because Texas Red lied on the survey and skewed the data. Lowest age is 16. His dad bought it, he drives it, and he is the most popular kid in school.

SEX OF OWNERS
Suprisingly, 85% of H2 owers are male. I thought that number would be lower. 15% are female and less than 1% (Steve) says it depends.

MARITAL STATUS OF OWNERS
78% of owners are married, while 22% are happy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Of those married, 82% have kids. Those with kids have an average of 2.3 kids, with the most kids being 5. A few of our esteemed members have grandkids. Of those who have kids and grandkids, 100% have become more popular with their kids after they brought home the H2, as well as with their inlaws, cousins, parents, neighbors and friends.

OTHER VEHICLES OWNED
H2 owners have 2.8 vehicles on average, counting motorcycles, but I didn't count ATVs, tractors, snowmobiles, lawnmowers, surfboards, parachutes or Mac's private jet. Most reported vehicles owned is 6.

WHERE WE LIVE
The two most concentrated states where owners live are California and Texas, with 21% and 19%, respectively. In terms of U.S. regions, 26% live in the Southwest, 21% in the South, 19% in the Northeast, 19% in the Southeast, 9% in the Midwest and 7% in the Northwest. We also have members in Aruba, Canada and the Netherlands.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS
Other observations made generally during this study are that H2 owners are fond of drinking beer, like the Sopranos, love making fun of each other, are thankful Arizona Hummerboy is okay, generally can't decide between tubular assist bars are u-steps, same for plain or wrap-around brushguards (or apparently any accessory with options for that matter), have an insatiable hunger for photos of the H2, think Jason is awesome, hope that if they every get pulled over it's HeeHaw, are respectful of non-H2-owners, except if they are misguided activists, aren't very good at backing up, generally can't wire offroad lights, but overall are a really great group of people. This is a great forum.

Thanks to those who participated in the survey. Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your families.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Remember that little survey we filled out a few weeks back. I had some time today so I sharpened my pencil and did some tabulating. Here are the results:

H2 OWNERS AND NON-OWNERS
85% of members of the forum are H2 owners, 15% are envious. Not surprisingly, non-owners are 5 years younger on average, own fewer cars, fewer are married, and basically at an earlier stage in their lives.

AGE OF OWNERS
Average age of owners is 40, which is also the median age. Highest age is 64, which should be higher because Texas Red lied on the survey and skewed the data. Lowest age is 16. His dad bought it, he drives it, and he is the most popular kid in school.

SEX OF OWNERS
Suprisingly, 85% of H2 owers are male. I thought that number would be lower. 15% are female and less than 1% (Steve) says it depends.

MARITAL STATUS OF OWNERS
78% of owners are married, while 22% are happy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Of those married, 82% have kids. Those with kids have an average of 2.3 kids, with the most kids being 5. A few of our esteemed members have grandkids. Of those who have kids and grandkids, 100% have become more popular with their kids after they brought home the H2, as well as with their inlaws, cousins, parents, neighbors and friends.

OTHER VEHICLES OWNED
H2 owners have 2.8 vehicles on average, counting motorcycles, but I didn't count ATVs, tractors, snowmobiles, lawnmowers, surfboards, parachutes or Mac's private jet. Most reported vehicles owned is 6.

WHERE WE LIVE
The two most concentrated states where owners live are California and Texas, with 21% and 19%, respectively. In terms of U.S. regions, 26% live in the Southwest, 21% in the South, 19% in the Northeast, 19% in the Southeast, 9% in the Midwest and 7% in the Northwest. We also have members in Aruba, Canada and the Netherlands.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS
Other observations made generally during this study are that H2 owners are fond of drinking beer, like the Sopranos, love making fun of each other, are thankful Arizona Hummerboy is okay, generally can't decide between tubular assist bars are u-steps, same for plain or wrap-around brushguards (or apparently any accessory with options for that matter), have an insatiable hunger for photos of the H2, think Jason is awesome, hope that if they every get pulled over it's HeeHaw, are respectful of non-H2-owners, except if they are misguided activists, aren't very good at backing up, generally can't wire offroad lights, but overall are a really great group of people. This is a great forum.

Thanks to those who participated in the survey. Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your families.
Old 12-23-2002, 02:33 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Very well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a ride in Mac's private jet!

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 12-23-2002, 03:39 AM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

That is what I like about this forum, is that just because right now I don't own HUMMER, I'm treated with respect anyway.I was on Jeeps unlimited when I had a Cherokee and some of those guys could really act like trailer trash. You guys are fun to hang out with and have cool taste in Vehicles.
No matter how long it takes, I will own one! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

future H2 owner
Old 12-23-2002, 03:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Zazing...that was excellent. Thanks for the time putting it together.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:08 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I don't have a private jet, but I do have my private tank, private APC, which is also my private armor truck. It is big, black and powerful.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:25 AM

Pizza Man is off the scale

Love the way you broke that all down for us. And yes this an excellent group of people and an astounding forum. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 06:43 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Everytime you post, I get the craving for pepperoni and pineaplle pizza. Is there something we can work out? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

That was great Zazing! Thanks for the stats, it was interesting.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

- Dan

ps: pineapple has no business being on pizza
Old 12-23-2002, 12:31 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Zazing. You da man! Great summary of the data and great commentary (except for saying I'm old). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-23-2002, 12:36 PM

JCJ is off the scale

Who's from The Netherlands?
Didn't think the H2 would be allowed to drive there.
BTW I didn't see mention of member from Finland.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:42 PM
Hummer Professional

SOFTTAILJC is off the scale

GREAT JOB ZAZING!! MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!...........SOFT
Old 12-23-2002, 02:15 PM

SJ is off the scale

Zazing:

That's entertaining and informative - thanks!
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-23-2002, 02:33 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

THanks ZAZING!

That was great!

~amy
Old 12-23-2002, 04:33 PM

TS is off the scale

Zazing, thanks. That was a lot of work to put all this together.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:48 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

Thanks for taking the time to do that. Very interesting read for all of us.

I also very much appreciate you including me into those stats.

You are all a great group of people and am happy to have "met" you. I look forward to hopefully meeting everyone in person some time soon.

-Jason
Old 12-23-2002, 08:14 PM

h2fan is off the scale

very nice job
Old 12-23-2002, 10:26 PM

JJ is off the scale

oh, pineapple and green chile - its the best...

JJ
Old 12-23-2002, 11:02 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Pineapple and Ham thin crust pizza with extra cheese.

mmmmm......

oh and of course a pint or two of Ale...

~amy
Old 12-23-2002, 11:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Glad you all enjoyed the survey. We just saved some guy in the marketing department at GM a months worth of work. JCJ, I think you're right about Finland by the way, I was mistaken.