H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-22-2005, 07:09 PM

iwo jima is off the scale

Hello, i have an 02 Navigator which has had it's share of minor problems. The Lease is up and i cannot stop looking at the H2s, dam beautiful.I want one!. Before i get flamed, i was speaking with my leasing consultant who did not speak fondly of the truck as she claimed many people wanted out of their leases after the novelty wears off. I have had a navigator, expedition, explorer, and jeep ltd . i want a hummer! h2 Thanks
Old 11-22-2005, 07:09 PM

Hello, i have an 02 Navigator which has had it's share of minor problems. The Lease is up and i cannot stop looking at the H2s, dam beautiful.I want one!. Before i get flamed, i was speaking with my leasing consultant who did not speak fondly of the truck as she claimed many people wanted out of their leases after the novelty wears off. I have had a navigator, expedition, explorer, and jeep ltd . i want a hummer! h2 Thanks
Old 11-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

So how long did you keep your other vehicles? Why did you get rid of them?

If you can stick through a lease on principle then do it. If you like how it looks, good. It may not be quite as glitzy an interior as a Navigator (I don't know), but it's pretty nice especially if you get an upgraded package.

If you're going to trash if off road ...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend that has both an '04 Navigator and an '05 H2. He loved the Navigator until he got the H2 in January. He hasn't driven the Navigator in months.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy one NOW... You will not be sorry. Your lady leasing consultant is WACKED. Well she may be telling you the truth but if she told you to jump off the roof would you?

Lease or buy you will be happy and that is all that matters.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:43 PM

thanks for the responses, all my vehicles i have kept to end of term. The navigator is the only ride i currently lease . Wife has a 02 lexus 300, great car, and i have a 2001 Sl 500 and the navigator.I dont think i could go over a parking curb on the navigator without something breaking. My friend had an h2 and complained about the mileage and the attention but i do not do alot of driving so i do not see gas as a huge additional cost i think the navigator is just as thirsty. Any way just wanted some feed back on peoples satisfaction/ disappointments with the vehicle. We get a bit of snow in the great white north and while the Navigator is competent it does not have the clearance i need. my one complaint would appear to be with the interior of the h2 the knobs and dials, when will GM fix this stuff, same as a cavalier.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Hummer Authority

No. Controls not the same as a Cavalier. I have a bud who still drives one of those and it's night and day difference between the two. H2 has some squeaks, but good dealers will help address them. The Cavalier is noisy/squeaky as all get out and a dealer's not going to spend any time trying to help resolve those.

Gas is probably about the same. Power for weight the H2's going to be sluggish according to what you're used to.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

MUST....GET....A....HUMMER...

Best vehicle I ever owned. Sure there are minor issues, BUT WHO CARES!!!! Knobs etc. are easily replaced with cool aftermarket ones if need be.

You won't be dissapointed
Old 11-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Im not sure if your buddy has the wheat or ebony interior, but in my opinion the ebony interior doesnt have the cheap gm look.

Cons:Air conditioning seems to be weak in super hot summers(but not unbearable by any means)

Pros:Rides like a cadilac, very nimble especially for being such a big vehicle, and veryh capable.

Summary--everyone needs one. The pleasure of driving a Hummer has nothing to do with the novelty, but rather it is a pleasure to drive. I dont think i could drive anything else. So do yourself a favor and go get one--you will not regret it.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 11-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Gas is probably about the same. Power for weight the H2's going to be sluggish according to what you're used to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you will find the opposite. The Navigator is sluggish, not the H2. Before buying my H2, I took the Escalade and Navigator for a spin. With the 5.4L, the Navigator was way too weak for the size of vehicle - when I put the pedal to the floor, it barely made a difference vs just pushing it 1cm (the thing wasd gutless). In the H2 (and Escalade for that matter), you just push the pedal 1cm and you instantly feel the gain - put the pedal to the floor and you will definately be heard by cars beside you, and you will feel the power.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

Kind of like the Harley...

...why ask why???!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy now.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:51 PM

just checked my lease does not expire till july 06 So i'm stuck with my navigator until then. Not terrible i suppose. I have a couple of questions , can a friends and family discount be used if i lease the vehicle?. I heard the 06 Hummers will come with a 4/80 kilometer warranty? any truth to that?. I'm pi$$ed as i thought my lease was up in January.I guess i would get killed if tried to get out now? thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iwo jima:
just checked my lease does not expire till july 06 So i'm stuck with my navigator until then. ...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good reason not to lease.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:42 PM

Actually, leasing has merit for me as i can usually put the money out for a higher return and can deduct most if not all of the lease. Also, i like being in warranty and find that things start to go usually just after the warranty expires. Be that as it may i need an H2
Old 11-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iwo jima:
just checked my lease does not expire till july 06 So i'm stuck with my navigator until then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great. So we'll see you in June. Have fun with the Crapigator. Buh-bye now.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Actually, leasing has merit for me as i can usually put the money out for a higher return and can deduct most if not all of the lease. Also, i like being in warranty and find that things start to go usually just after the warranty expires. Be that as it may i need an H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then just buy the H2 wth cash then put the Trappedyouinaleasigator in the garage until June. You don't tie up all your funds in non-fluid forms do you?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:45 PM

why i should of thought of that
Old 11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
Im not sure if your buddy has the wheat or ebony interior, but in my opinion the ebony interior doesnt have the cheap gm look.

Cons:Air conditioning seems to be weak in super hot summers(but not unbearable by any means)

Pros:Rides like a cadilac, very nimble especially for being such a big vehicle, and veryh capable.

Summary--everyone needs one. The pleasure of driving a Hummer has nothing to do with the novelty, but rather it is a pleasure to drive. I dont think i could drive anything else. So do yourself a favor and go get one--you will not regret it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My thoughts exactly. I lease mine. I write off the whole lease too! I love it and am so glad I have it. I'm just not what will happen after my lease!! Should I buy the H2 out or lease another one!! Poor me!
It really is like nothing else!

I have had mine since July. I usualli drive my GN a bit over the summer and go to cruise nights etc. Well since I bought the H2 i havn't driven my GN in 4 months.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:19 PM

bob hamilton is off the scale

most people want to get into a newer H2 out of a lease. Not to trade it in for some other ordinary SUV.