H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Albie....to be determined....probably a desert-run of some sort...I've been discussing it with their general manager. You're on the club mailing list....you'll hear about it.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:38 PM
H2 Club NY Chapter Founder

WHITE BEAST is off the scale

IM THINKING OF RUNNING THE JERK OVER
Old 07-18-2003, 12:12 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

The dealers are rated on customer satisfaction, which is VERY IMPORTANT because this is how they get platinum status with GMAC. When they achieve this status they are offered lower interest rates and therefore can best serve their customers. Example: I bought ALL OF MY TRUCKS from Team Chevrolet in Pasadena (6 of them in as many years). They decided to jack me around and not give me my GMS employee discount so I went right up to Sherman Oaks and they gave it to me last September with a better interest rate. How did Team Chevy get stuck like this? Simple, due to poor service ratings Team did not achieve platinum status SOOO, they were alotted fewer H2's, given higher rates (basically got the shaft by their own doing). So don't think that we go unheard. Numerous complaints will ensure that when the next hot SUT comes out some dealers will get more than others, at better rates and so on. Keep it up, strength in numbers!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem with my Dealer Ship is the service adviser that I have to work with. Everytime there is a problem with the Hummer, he tells me he has so many complants on it and Hummer does not know how to fix it yet, SUCH Bull S--T from a dealer service center. I have bitch to the head people about my proble, and they dont give a Sh-t.
I am to the point were I just dont know what to do. For a 70,000 Hummer I shoud be treated better.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:38 AM

maybe some day... is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arizona Hummerboy:
The problem with my Dealer Ship is the service adviser that I have to work with.
I am to the point were I just dont know what to do. For a 70,000 Hummer I shoud be treated better.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Step 1: your salesman
Step 2: the sales/general manager
Step 3: the zone service rep

I had an experience many years ago with a GM service manager jerking me around - one of the wrench monkeys cost me an engine and the service manager didn't want it coming out of his department or something. He sat on the paperwork for my claim with GM for re-imbursement until I pursued it from the other direction - starting at GM and working back down the food chain to him. I got what I needed. Guy was such a jerk - when I finally got a copy of the paperwork - he had written on it "recommend no assistance" to cover himself.
Document everything, be calm and reasonable at all times, document everything, complain to upper management everytime you are not satisfied, don't forget to document everything - once things reach a certain point stop using the telephone and switch to certified letters and insist on written responses not verbal promises. Oh yeah one more thing - document everything.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:16 AM

argonaut is off the scale

You paid 70k for your hummer? That sounds like Highway robbery...

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 08-12-2003, 01:06 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Well you can add another to the list of RUDE HUMMER DEALERS...
I tried once again to contact McGinnis Cadillac/Hummer here in Houston to talk trade, dollars and cents on this deal and they acted like I had no idea what I was talking about and they were very rude, fax this over, do this do that, very demanding. They did not ask for my information and they interrupted me in almost every sentence...

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM... They are here in Houston. Stay Away.....

Sorry to the guys who bought from them... Guess you have to be older and have a job....unlike me....
Old 08-12-2003, 02:08 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

BADRAP ...

My heart goes out to you .... keep up the faith.

I have posted this information below before. Hopefully, you have chronicled with dates, times, names, telephone numbers, etc. each and every conversation whether face-toface or in person with the dealer and/or Hummer/GM and you have each and every document, service order, invoice, etc. regarding your truck. You have to get a meeting with the owner of the dealer ---- if after the owner of the dealer will not work with you directly (not with an assistant or other person at the dealer) --- again, work with the owner, and be in a "realistic" manner, without emotion --- if this does not come to a satisfactory solution, then contact the people below:

The President of the Hummer Division of GM is:

Mr. Michael DiGiovanni, President
Hummer Division - General Motors
P.O.Box 33169
Detroit, Michigan 49232-5169

I know that he is very much interested in all of us and our concerns regarding our trucks and especially the quality of the truck and the customer service that we are receiving. He is the person who decides who gets and keeps a Hummer franchise ... FYI, at the present, the Hummer franchise is the most valuable auto franchise available today.

Regarding your dealer and their practices, try contacting:

Mrs. Wendy M. Orthman
Communications Coordinator
PR Division/Hummer GM
MC: 482-A32-B98
100 Renaissance Center
Detroit, Michigan 48265-1000

Wendy's concerns are the public and the perception of the vehicle by all. Not just the owners but the public .... and she is also very involved in dealer selection and relationships and those with their customer's.

Yesterday, I drove my H2 into the dealer with a list including the second broken radio, very bad rattle in the passenger side rear, trim pieces on the inside continually falling off, trim pieces on the outside also continually falling off ( been back 7 times for the outside trim), and I left it there until such time that they can fix everything.

Good luck, and again, keep strong and set your goals and stick to them.

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Old 08-12-2003, 03:54 PM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allen:
I have had it with my Santa Clarita Hummer Dealership (Parkway Hummer). I went in to inquire about the AirForce One air intake system and I was informed that since I did not buy my H2 there, my business was not welcome. The sales rep told me this as well as the GM of the Hummer Dealership. Who do I inform at the corporate level? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've been in there being I live in Santa Clarita I thought they were a bit snobby, but damm that takes the cake!!
I hope they treat me better when it comes time to buy my H3.
I see alot of them on the lot and they don't seem to be selling alot of them, maybe if they changed there attitude they might sell more.

I want an H3!
XM satellite radio,killing AM and FM one sub at a time!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:26 PM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On top of that... "RLTH2" is right: they make lots of money on service: everytime they fix something GM sends them money.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Goodness, then MY H2 is making them gazillions, a veritable GOLD MINE...no wonder they like me so much over there!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:28 PM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh yeah one more thing - document everything.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pictures/photos are also good...I've got a whole file of documentation AND pictures
Old 08-12-2003, 06:39 PM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arizona Hummerboy:
Everytime there is a problem with the Hummer, he tells me he has so many complants on it and Hummer does not know how to fix it yet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is exactly when you get the "unable to reproduce" and/or "case is closed" on your service papers. I think it would be much better to say 'we don't know what the problem is, we don't know how to fix it yet, but we'll call you when we get it figured it out'...something like that would sit a lot better with me than "unable to reproduce" or "case is closed".