H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Off Camber

Default Cerritos Hummer Issues...

I?m driving down the 605 fwy Wednesday afternoon when the blower motor just quits working. After playing with the controls a bit and nothing was happening I realized that something serious might actually be wrong.

So I called the service department over at Cerritos Hummer and spoke with a technical advisor regarding the problem. Seeing as I happen to be in close proximity to the dealership I asked if I might be able to stop by and have a tech take a quick look at it. They were very accommodating and invited me to stop in as soon as I could.

Upon arrival, a service writer hopped in the driver seat and started to play with the climate controls to see if it might be something simple that could be fixed on the spot. He diagnosed the problem as one of two vacuum actuators that control the recirculation system in tandem with the dual climate control. The repair would require the dashboard to be completely removed which was about a good day and halves worth of labor and needless to say is a big job. I then informed the service writer that I was planning on heading to Big Bear for the holiday and inquired as to the possibility of the vehicle being completed in time. I was assured that it wouldn?t be a problem and left my H2 to be repaired. This was around 2 o?clock on Wednesday afternoon.

The follow-up call I was waiting for on Thursday never came. So I contacted the service writer around 5 o?clock in the afternoon in an effort to see where they were with my vehicle only to receive voice mail. I called back 45min later and again received voice mail. I then transferred to the operator and asked for any available service writer.

I gave the gentleman that answered the phone my name, repair order number, and all of the particulars only to have him take a deep breath, tell me to hold on, and literally drop the phone on the desk. He then proceeds to walk over to the service writer that I originally surrendered my vehicle to and asks him what was going on with my ticket number. The gentleman says ?tell him that we?ll try and get to it tomorrow? WTF! The guy gets back on the phone and regurgitates what my service writer has just told him. I asked why I was instructed to leave my vehicle if wasn?t going to be touched? Dripping with sarcasm the gentleman replies look sir, I?m just the messenger?I don?t know anything about you or your vehicle. Then attempts to terminate the phone call, I ask if my vehicle is going to be complete before Christmas Eve. Response, we?ll call you when it?s ready and hangs up.

This is my first experience with the service department at Cerritos Hummer and to say that I?m extremely displeased. Has anyone else experienced this level of incompetence with Cerritos Hummer?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Off Camber

Default Cerritos Hummer Issues...

I?m driving down the 605 fwy Wednesday afternoon when the blower motor just quits working. After playing with the controls a bit and nothing was happening I realized that something serious might actually be wrong.

So I called the service department over at Cerritos Hummer and spoke with a technical advisor regarding the problem. Seeing as I happen to be in close proximity to the dealership I asked if I might be able to stop by and have a tech take a quick look at it. They were very accommodating and invited me to stop in as soon as I could.

Upon arrival, a service writer hopped in the driver seat and started to play with the climate controls to see if it might be something simple that could be fixed on the spot. He diagnosed the problem as one of two vacuum actuators that control the recirculation system in tandem with the dual climate control. The repair would require the dashboard to be completely removed which was about a good day and halves worth of labor and needless to say is a big job. I then informed the service writer that I was planning on heading to Big Bear for the holiday and inquired as to the possibility of the vehicle being completed in time. I was assured that it wouldn?t be a problem and left my H2 to be repaired. This was around 2 o?clock on Wednesday afternoon.

The follow-up call I was waiting for on Thursday never came. So I contacted the service writer around 5 o?clock in the afternoon in an effort to see where they were with my vehicle only to receive voice mail. I called back 45min later and again received voice mail. I then transferred to the operator and asked for any available service writer.

I gave the gentleman that answered the phone my name, repair order number, and all of the particulars only to have him take a deep breath, tell me to hold on, and literally drop the phone on the desk. He then proceeds to walk over to the service writer that I originally surrendered my vehicle to and asks him what was going on with my ticket number. The gentleman says ?tell him that we?ll try and get to it tomorrow? WTF! The guy gets back on the phone and regurgitates what my service writer has just told him. I asked why I was instructed to leave my vehicle if wasn?t going to be touched? Dripping with sarcasm the gentleman replies look sir, I?m just the messenger?I don?t know anything about you or your vehicle. Then attempts to terminate the phone call, I ask if my vehicle is going to be complete before Christmas Eve. Response, we?ll call you when it?s ready and hangs up.

This is my first experience with the service department at Cerritos Hummer and to say that I?m extremely displeased. Has anyone else experienced this level of incompetence with Cerritos Hummer?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cerritos Hummer Issues...

Oops, I did an answer on the H3 forum without looking.
I'll say the almost the same here...
Usually when a blower motor stops working it is electrical, such as a relay, fuse, control head, blower motor control processor or the blower itself.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Usually when a blower motor stops working it is electrical, such as a relay, fuse, control head, blower motor control processor or the blower itself.

fstop how's your H1 knowledge?

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23228

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 12-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Huck, you're damn right to be pissed. Start writing letters and definitely call up HUMMER. Include specific names, times and places when you do this.

F5, while your on this topic I'm going to hijack...my wife's 98 GP had speeds 1-4 on her blower fan go out several years ago. I self diagnosed this as the blower motor resistor pack. I bought the part, spend a little too much time upside down in the passenger footwell and replaced it. The film over the resistors on the original was bubbled and the board all corroded.
Two years later, same thing happened again. I handily replaced it in a third the time this time.

Well I drove her car the other day and noticed that speeds 1 and 2 are out. 3 and 4 (and 5) still work. So I'm 99.9% certain the resistor pack is croaking, AGAIN!

Any idea WTF is causing the resistor pack to fail repeatedly? Excessive moisture in there???? PM if you don't want to continue the hijack. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDWH

This message is confusing me....is it an H1, H2, H3 or possibly a new issue on the H4?

Only thing I know about an H1 is I want one.....
Old 12-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree
Huck, you're damn right to be pissed. Start writing letters and definitely call up HUMMER. Include specific names, times and places when you do this.

F5, while your on this topic I'm going to hijack...my wife's 98 GP had speeds 1-4 on her blower fan go out several years ago. I self diagnosed this as the blower motor resistor pack. I bought the part, spend a little too much time upside down in the passenger footwell and replaced it. The film over the resistors on the original was bubbled and the board all corroded.
Two years later, same thing happened again. I handily replaced it in a third the time this time.

Well I drove her car the other day and noticed that speeds 1 and 2 are out. 3 and 4 (and 5) still work. So I'm 99.9% certain the resistor pack is croaking, AGAIN!

Any idea WTF is causing the resistor pack to fail repeatedly? Excessive moisture in there???? PM if you don't want to continue the hijack. Thanks.

Sounds like heat, but why not sure. I have had a few GPs in the past and never replaced one. I would agree, it sure sounds like some resistors are burning.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree
X2! I'd also speak to the dealership GM. He'll want to know about this because the survey you're going to fill out will crush them.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Off Camber

I just made a surprise visit over to the dealership. I walked in and sat down right in front of my service writers? desk while he was on the phone.

He immediately apologized and said that his tech that specialized in this type of repair was backed up for three weeks and that he was going to do everything in his power to get the job done by 5 o?clock this evening.

Naturally I asked how he/techs were planning on getting a two day job done in seven hours. He proceeds to tell me that it?s actually a four hour job and that since the service manager is the one that made the original commitment to have the repair completed, he (the service manager) would complete the repair himself. He said that he was going to try and pull his normal guy off of a job to ?bang? this one out for him but if not, the service manager would be the one handling the situation.

I expressed my disappointment with him and the treatment I had received up to that point. He again apologized and told me not to worry about it, and that it would be taken care of. I instructed to contact me immediately if it becomes apparent that my vehicle wouldn?t be ready by this evening so I may retrieve it and seek appropriate service elsewhere.

Now I have no choice but to question the integrity of the repair, if it actually happens?
Old 12-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Cerritos...betcha can't eat just one.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cerritos Hummer Issues...Sounds likew Winkle/Dinkle

Sounds like your dealer and Winkle-Dinkle in Reno went to the same school called "We will get to it when we can! Who cares about the customer's needs, our's come first."

Call Hummer and get them involved.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22600
Old 12-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhhhh Cerritos Hummer, some dogs just don't change there spots.

Yup I've had lots of problems with Cerritos Hummer.

Sorry to hear they havn't changed and that good folks are still being made to suffer. If I were you, I'd have my Hummer pulled out of Cerritos Hummer's Service bays call AAA. Chances are the repairs will not be done correctly if you choose to leave it with them.