H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya i agree, that photo caught me off guard and after i laughed for a sec I realized just how bad it was. I really feel for any kids that see that lol as there will be A LOT of explaining to do.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is crap to complain about something that you get for free. I applaud Jason for providing this community for us. I don't give a rat's rusted fart where anyones son works. This site isn't affiliated with GM, it's a community to express your enthusiasm, knowledge, and meet people who drive- Hummers.

Not condoning the pic, it's awful, just don't look at it and stop whining. It should be deleted soon.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:05 PM

richk is off the scale

I think we as users should keep the postings clean. The nasty photos and vulgar comments are inappropriate. Even some of the avatars are too much.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:19 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

You are so righr Rich
The vulgar comments that follow just give satisfaction to HummerDude.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:25 PM

H3OH is off the scale

This time with upgrades...

Attached Images

Old 08-06-2005, 05:44 PM

richk is off the scale

Regarding the idiots who come here to harass us, replying to their posts or acknowledging them in anyway is exactly what they want. The best thing to do is ignore the post and they will get tired and move on.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:06 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

It must be that Dallas sun...
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMER H3 4 ME is off the scale

I think I know what you all are talking about but could you please clarify.
Mom: 2008 Cadillac Escalade - Blue Chip
Brother: In the near future: 2009 HUMMER H3T - All-Terrain Blue
Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by montanah3:
f5fstop - you expressed my sentiments exactly. Well said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you read his post? How do you propose Jason stops allowing people to post pictures on an open web forum?

Why don't you all hash this question and the potential answers out. The majority will come to the conclution that. "it's the nature of the internet" and leave things as they are. Unless you seriously think we haven't had this conversation before?

If you don't like this site go to the other Hummer site. It's hidden unless you join, so gets a lot less traffic and less jerks who post this crap, however it's boring.

This is not the first or last time this will happen.

This is a Hummer forum not the sewing circle forum, we can take a few gross photos I would think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand it is next to impossible for one person to monitor a site, for that reason, maybe it is time to recruit moderators. Other sites that I belong do a great job in keeping this type of trash off their sites. Some use filter to filter certain words, and the moderators take care of any of these type photo posts. A good example is http://www.corvetteforum.com. You will find heated debates in some of the sections: off-topic and political, but in the general Corvette sections it is kept clean. Maybe Corvette owners are more understanding that minors do visit these sites once in a while. Maybe Corvette owners are more intelligent and considerate.
Another site is http://www.nikonians.org; photography review, Jeep forum, etc. So, it can be done.
I will be the first to say that heated debates should not be stopped unless they get into calling people names; at this time, it is no longer a beneficial debate and the thread should be locked.
So, even if it is the nature of the Internet, photos like this can be moderated and removed, and the people who post them, can be restricted.
If this was posted in an off-topic area of the forum, that had a warning, I would have no problem.

I agree this is not the first or last time this will happen; but hopefully, it will be corrected faster. Some of these photos that this jerk has posted have been around for a few days.

No, it is not a sewing circle. However, I thought, maybe I'm wrong, that Hummer owners were decent people. The ones I know who own Hummers, the ones I know who are purchasing Hummers and most of the people on this forum appear to be decent. Sad to say, there are a few who do not appear to be decent.

Therefore, I will take your advice and move on to another forum. See, I don't need this forum, and most on this forum could care less if I was here or not.
All I ever offered this forum was service information procedures if someone needed them, and GMID certificates to those who might be considering the purchase of a Hummer, and hopefully, the certificate might help them to save money, while purchasing a GM vehicle.
So, I say goodbye to the decent people on this forum, while I say stuff it to those who aren't, and I'm headed to another forum.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 PM

canucksnaphook is off the scale

This has go to stop....I cant take anymore of this. I know the picture was horrible, but is there anyway to ban women from this site?? I am just kdding....so relax.

C.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

fstop,

Hope you change your mind and decided to hang around. Your information has been very helpful to many here and look forward to seeing more of it in the future. Now, if we can just come up with a solution to get these photos taken care of in a timely manner.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-06-2005, 08:11 PM

angelus is off the scale

Why don't we stick to the true topic at hand, the issue of the sick photo that was placed on this sight. This photo has nothing to do with Hummer, H3 or anything GM related. We need to be addressing this and not disrespecting others who have legitimate questions, comments or concers regarding Hummer products. I agree that some posters seem to only have complains about their H3 but that is no reason to get nasty. Also, that comment about banning woman thank god you were only kidding.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:39 PM

H3OH is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It must be that Dallas sun... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!

I've been had! That's EXACTLY what I look like!

How's your "H3 Complaint Team" sticker coming along?
Old 08-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

I can never understand how a grown person can be so easily manipulated in this modern day and age.

"Fine, I'll go away and won't post anymore! So there!" WTF??? It really is better for the entire forum for such cry babies to leave. Really.

I am fond to say the Hummer is such a perfect American Icon of the new millenium. And just like the American values, The Hummer experience came with it the controversy, hate, persecution and jealousy from others.

If you are not of the mettle to handle, accept, and defend FREEDOM OF SPEECH, then for you, this is NOT the right forum and the Hummer is NOT the right vehicle.

For those comparing this forum to other car forums, remember there are actually very few Hummers (and thus owners) sold compared to just about any other make of vehicle. Yet the activities of this forum must rank among the top of ANY car forums.

To have inspired such passion, and the serious comittment of time from our busy schedule -- imho, that makes this forum the #1 CAR FORUM IN THE WORLD!

Every kudos in my book to Jason the site owner! Whatever/however you do/did to achieve this, DON'T CHANGE IT!!

If you are smart/resourceful/resillient enough to own a Hummer, you should definitely be smart/resourceful/resillient enough to handle an internet forum experience without asking "MODERATORS! PLEASE BABY ME!! WAA! WAAAH!"

To those that can't handle it, I bid you "BUH BYE!!" -- IT REALLY IS YOUR LOSS!!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuff that in your brush guard and smoke it!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

FROGGY69ER is off the scale

If all it took was one dirty pic to get rid of F5stop, I would have done it long ago. If I wanted my Dad on the forum, I would have bought a Buick. Later Dude!!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3ProspectKy is off the scale

I've been lurking on this site since June waiting for my H3 to arrive. It's been great hearing about everyone's new rides and some of the ups (and a few downs) of their new H3. I have to say some of the most intelligent and useful info for me, so far, has come from f5fstop. I'm hoping that this forum returns to the one I've been enjoying for the past couple of months and EVERYONE has a good time coming here to share in something that they are passionate about...that being their Hummer H3.