H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Elcova Newbie

jrem13 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb NEED HELP! 22x9.5 Wheels +10 offset w/ 37" Toyo M/T's + Air Suspension

So... I'm fairly new to the forum and have been searching through threads to find a definitive answer to the question but have yet to arrive at a conclusion. I recently purchased an 05' H2 SUT with the air suspension in the rear. I was trying to avoid purchasing an SUT with the air in the rear for this specific reason but I got a good deal! I know the setup I want to run and the title says it all. I have already purchased the wheels but have yet to buy the tires due to the indecisiveness of the size. I know I can play it safe and go with the 35" toyo's without having to do much of anything,however, I bought the H2 with full intention of putting the Toyo 37" M/T's on the 22" wheels for that specific look. Has anyone on the forum done this similar setup and if so does the width of this tire rub the rear air suspension sensor??? I've gone over the options of using wheel spacers if neccessary, as well as replacing the air suspension all together. I think I want to avoid replacing or messing with anything that is not broken! The air suspension has never needed service on this specific vehicle and I'd like to keep it untouched as long as it shows no signs of failure. With that being said, what are my real options? Is there anyone out there that has put a 37/13.5 tire on their H2 without rubbing the air suspension?? I will not be doing any offroading, and know I will at least need to turn up the torsion a few inches. Thanks in advance for any comments,advice,or knowledge as I've been searching for the answer for some time now!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

hotstang46` is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEED HELP! 22x9.5 Wheels +10 offset w/ 37" Toyo M/T's + Air Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrem13
So... I'm fairly new to the forum and have been searching through threads to find a definitive answer to the question but have yet to arrive at a conclusion. I recently purchased an 05' H2 SUT with the air suspension in the rear. I was trying to avoid purchasing an SUT with the air in the rear for this specific reason but I got a good deal! I know the setup I want to run and the title says it all. I have already purchased the wheels but have yet to buy the tires due to the indecisiveness of the size. I know I can play it safe and go with the 35" toyo's without having to do much of anything,however, I bought the H2 with full intention of putting the Toyo 37" M/T's on the 22" wheels for that specific look. Has anyone on the forum done this similar setup and if so does the width of this tire rub the rear air suspension sensor??? I've gone over the options of using wheel spacers if neccessary, as well as replacing the air suspension all together. I think I want to avoid replacing or messing with anything that is not broken! The air suspension has never needed service on this specific vehicle and I'd like to keep it untouched as long as it shows no signs of failure. With that being said, what are my real options? Is there anyone out there that has put a 37/13.5 tire on their H2 without rubbing the air suspension?? I will not be doing any offroading, and know I will at least need to turn up the torsion a few inches. Thanks in advance for any comments,advice,or knowledge as I've been searching for the answer for some time now!

I have BFG TA KO, 37.5in Tall, 13in Wide, 22od. (08 SUT, rear air suspension) There is no rubbing in the rear, it's not that close. It's the front you need to be concerned about. I'm sure you've planned for a leveling kit but if not you will need one for sure. I have a small rub at full lock, not a very big deal though. As for the offset I can't tell you unfortunately. I have 22in Rozzi Fuel's. I've always assumed they were manufactured by the same company that Diamo uses. It's the same as the Diamo 17k, but just offered in different sizes (Diamo didn't offer a 22in). Rozzi went out of business and I couldn't find an offset spec for you. If you wanted to investigate I'd call diamo and see if they can point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have a question or need a pic of anything.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

StockStar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEED HELP! 22x9.5 Wheels +10 offset w/ 37" Toyo M/T's + Air Suspension

+10 offset.....

this one has +12 with green key installed to give you an idea:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...t=38996&page=2
Old 04-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Elcova Newbie

jrem13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstang46`
I have BFG TA KO, 37.5in Tall, 13in Wide, 22od. (08 SUT, rear air suspension) There is no rubbing in the rear, it's not that close. It's the front you need to be concerned about. I'm sure you've planned for a leveling kit but if not you will need one for sure. I have a small rub at full lock, not a very big deal though. As for the offset I can't tell you unfortunately. I have 22in Rozzi Fuel's. I've always assumed they were manufactured by the same company that Diamo uses. It's the same as the Diamo 17k, but just offered in different sizes (Diamo didn't offer a 22in). Rozzi went out of business and I couldn't find an offset spec for you. If you wanted to investigate I'd call diamo and see if they can point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have a question or need a pic of anything.

I'll try to do a little more research on the offset...thank you for the info-I'll let you know if I need any pictures.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

hotstang46` is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrem13
I'll try to do a little more research on the offset...thank you for the info-I'll let you know if I need any pictures.

ya, if you need a pic of the clearance of something or whatever let me know. Also I'll add I think my wheels are 10in wide