H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Gunzz is off the scale
Default Re: Smoked a ricer today

HAHAHA. Way to go. Screamin muffler that usually sound like a wire tie that gets caught in the vacuum. Had to be funny as h**l, when they couldn't catch up.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

HOLY S5 H@! That guy must have been running a .5 cyl. I can beat my h2 sut in the 40 yard dash. I friggan LOVE my truck, but I couldn't beat turtle with a stick up his arse!!! Thats why supercharger TOMORROW!

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 04-04-2007, 04:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

MattRoberts123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONRAD II
HOLY S5 H@! That guy must have been running a .5 cyl. I can beat my h2 sut in the 40 yard dash. I friggan LOVE my truck, but I couldn't beat turtle with a stick up his arse!!! Thats why supercharger TOMORROW!

Is your's really that slow? I had an 05 Tahoe before this, and I honestly think my H2 is faster... granted I do have a corsa exhaust and a hypertech programmer.. but even before... I have always been quite impressed with the performance of my H2 for such a big and heavy vehicle....?

BTW,

Still looking for a magnacharger... so if anyone knows of any deals... send them this way!

Carless... riding the bus... Trying to decide on which 08 H2 to get
Old 04-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

The Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

The H2 can beat most non-sportscars including econo box ricer rockets like civics. That says alot for a truck that's considered big and heavy.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey 007hum you are talking about a totally different animal in the EVO. This little monster was made from ground up to kick serious behind. AWD puts it all on the ground like the H2 does. It is wound so tight you wonder if it would blow up but, they just will not do it. They are like the Energizer Bunny. After that EVO then You look and see if You can import a right hand drive Skyline and then You got even more monster to run on the road.

Ken if your video is no longer on this forum you need to post that run with the Lighting. You kicked his tail so BAAAAAAD!!!!!! Then the Lighting was wearing out everything else on the track if i remember right but, not the H2.

I got a shot at a VW Golf running 20lbs. of boost with carbon fiber hood. The thing was light as a firefly. We did not get a heads up run but, I pulled out of Dragons parking lot with the VW behind and it was understood we would see if I could pull away. It ended up He could not catch me. He was so light and small I could have fit the VW on the roof of the H2. We did make some individual runs down the road and he said watching me at about 7500lbs. he was impressed and the guys watching said they thought I was faster. Sure seemed to me no question I was faster when i stood and watched his run. So we can make these big monsters run but, if you off road you do not need it all. Just more torque to break something. But, in a Mall Queen hey make it do all I can.

If You got a chance to watch the new ESPN show PIPES You will see Dragon or Bryan Lin my buddy with His shop team Motorsports Authority win the first round drag race running a 2006 350Z. Check the time of shows coming on over the next month or so all the way to the final race left after 12 rides were entered to race. Bryan advances now to 2nd round. I think the winner has a chance to win $40,000. It is an elimination tourney situation and I know how it turns out but, I will not tell. Seriously it is a show done in central Arkansas that ESPN is trying out. The lady host is Arkansas tv talent. Anyway I was proud of Bryan and his guys and wanted to let all know to check the show out. It is going to be allot of import against muscle car races. Check it out as Bryan has been a huge influence as to what we have done to my H2 for shows. He designed the look and electronics on the H2 after I kept asking him can we do this and that. The 12" front dash monitor was my idea and I think Bryan wishs I had not talked Him into that deal. He has had to build a complete center dash and factory stuff that was used to bolt on factory dash had to be cut off. So they got cut before He finished dash for 12" touchscreen so He had no way to back out of building the new custom dash. I know bad but, something had to be done to get him to not be able to back out of the big screen. I have been the one pushing the power end so if it blows up no one to blame but Me.
Anyway it is a good show with a different twist to it than all the others.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007hum
I have an 03 H2 and love it to death.

I also love my 05 EVO MR
all wheel drive and fast as hell

This car corners very fast and has tons of power and is fun to drive.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juice
The H2 can beat most non-sportscars including econo box ricer rockets like civics. That says alot for a truck that's considered big and heavy.
That is very unlike yourself, Juice. Did you forget you were logged on as an AE?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

timgco.....i agree with you....there are some very high performance ricers out there...

We always chuckle when some little ricer rides past with a big ole fart pipe....a huge massive wing on the back.... I guess if you add the big wing it is like adding a warp drive to the car....lol

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

While I saw the H2 vs. Lightning video I have to laugh...that guy did a burnout the length of the track that would have made John Force proud. Had he of pedaled it for a minute the spinning would of stopped and it would have been bye-bye H2. Granted a win is a win even if the other guy can't drive but to get all geeked-up about beating a Lightning is funny. That was a one-in-a-million run and no H2, supercharged or otherwise, is going to take a Lightning. With $1,000 in upgrades you have a legitimate 12 second truck and a good number of them have run 9's with a ton of them in the 10's. A 10 second Lightning doesn't even get a second glance anymore as it's pretty common...

And if I were a betting man I'd put my money on the L every time...and I know how fast they are because I have one.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr
timgco.....i agree with you....there are some very high performance ricers out there...

We always chuckle when some little ricer rides past with a big ole fart pipe....a huge massive wing on the back.... I guess if you add the big wing it is like adding a warp drive to the car....lol

Answer me this. How the hell does a rear wing help a front wheel drive car???? I always thought that the down draft of a spoiler was supposed to hold the final drive drive wheels to the pavement for added traction & handling. A rear spolier would only help a rear wheel drive car.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Those aren't spoilers or wings. They are handles. You use them to push the car around the parking lot, kind of like a shopping cart.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

tazhog54 is on a distinguished road

I love the ironing board comment LOL OTF

03 H2 Sunburst orange
04 Corvette Silver(wifey's)
32 roadster Viperblue (SOLD)
32 3 window coupe COPPER ( almost done )
32 3 Window Coupe full fenders
32 Roadster
62 Nova SS
69 Chev p/u 427
72 Chev p/u ORANGE
34 Phanton (underconstruction)
34 5 window coupe Teal (SOLD)
95 Harley geiser glide red
74 Sportster {wifey's)Candy red w/flames
96 Harley Turbo charged
Old 04-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Hummer Authority

Humdingah
I would agree with You on the thought on the L. But, the deal is 95% of the people that own them or any other brand rig do not know how to drive them. I have seen the same results with them being made to look bad and that just upsets me for someone to do that with any ride. Just like my run with my cousins vette. Looking at the book on both rigs the H2 should not have a chance. But, he spun it's fun he lost and I won running about 7lbs. of boost with full time 4x4 and around 500hp. Depending on the odds of a L owner knowing what he is doing I would take the $1000 bet every time. My odds of taking it is real good. Just like any racing getting a win under any conditions is fun even if the other knuckle head does not know what he is doing. I have won with many cars that should not win especially in drag racing. The bad thing is to many people go out and buy the rig ready made for power and speed then make that ride look bad not having a clue how to make it win.

If anyone checks out ESPN PIPES show it is a case of a car winning that should not be winning on a dragstrip. Then what is worse all the guys with their cars are people that know what they are doing except the part of how they should have driven the cars. The car winning is a car that has a good driver making the most with all he can get. But, I do not mean to tell You something You do not know already as You mentioned it in You post about driving skills, so seriously do not take me wrong. I agree with you I just hate people buying stuff that should run and they mess it up. I like taking something like the H2 that should be good for one thing which is off-roading and make it a terror in 1/8 or 1/4 mile or even just a 0 to 60 and soon a 0 to 100 and using the weight of the vehicle to get the HP to the ground instead of the weight being a disadvantage. Now how far I can go with it is yet to be seen but, I love trying to get there that is the fun in the challenge. My health is starting to go south gain so I hope I can get the tune and boost up and dialed in for the the topend mile trap run in fall. I have allot of work when Dragon gets done with custom upgrades. Bad thing is it is adding weight with custom sub box, console and center dash. It is the fun of doing it though. I wonder how many more challenges I'm going to get a shot at even though i just turned 50 I have some battles to fight and win going into summer. If I get to Goliad,TX for The Texas Mile I hope as many as can will come over and hang out as well as be as part of the pit crew. I'm going if I got to drive the rig there by myself instead of having my team to haul it etc.

Well anyway I'm with You Bud on the miss use of the rides. It is nice though You know how to use Your L. For real!!

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Those aren't spoilers or wings. They are handles. You use them to push the car around the parking lot, kind of like a shopping cart.

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 04-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

I-Man....well i think that your comment is spot on about the spoilers from a engineering stand point. Thats precisely what they are for. To keep the drives wheel in contact with the road.

But just take note of just how many front drive cars have them...ricers, cavaliers...the list goes on for days....i guess its just the "race car look" they are going after and not really any performance reason.

I've seen some ricers with wings that look like a sheet of plywood back there.....when i passed them my vortex nearly blew them off the road....LOL

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 04-06-2007, 04:42 AM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

I grew up on muscle cars but after 6 years in Japan I took a liking to ricers. Now when I say ricers I mean the TRUE ricers not the sh!t that we have here in the US. People slap a muffler and maybe a cold air intake on and call it a ricer. What they actually have is car with a different muffler and intake. I owned a couple of R33 Nissan Skylines, 2 Older model Supras. All of which were running at least one turbo and in the case of one of my Supras I was running twin aftermarket turbos. Now the little beast down below was one the fastest cars I have ever owned. It was a 93 RX-7 R1 Special Edition. She was running the 13B rotary engine with stock sequential twin turbos. I had the turbos linked so they were both running all the time instead having one then the second in reserve. This added about 100 horse. Upgraded the intercooler, injectors, exhaust, Apex seals, added a Blitz boost controller, Apexi Air flow converter, Tein Coli Over shocks, a full range of Blitz Carbon Fiber guages, cold air intake and a few other little items and by the time I was done she went from stock 250 hp to just under 475 hp at the rear wheels. Like I said most of the ones in the US are just exhaust so they are all noise and no game.
Attached Images

2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Hummer Authority

Diffenitely agree with GLBLWARMR on the diffierence between the ricers from Japan and USA. I learned most of what I know about ricers from Dragon at Motorsports Authority. That was the passion that moved Him to have His own custom shop and the ricers are the bread and butter. He does run allot of muscle cars through and I got Him into the Hummers. Dragon has a Celica Gt that has never lost a show and runs like it has a rocket in it. He runs a turbo etc. I have asked some of the ricers with wings on front wheel drives and i have been told that if you know what You are doing and buying the correct wing for the car saying the front drive that the rear wing if adjustable does still help in all wheel road contact when handling is needed as in SCCA racing type deal. These will of course have a front spoiler as well. My understanding that adjusting the wing helps with control on front wheel drive if used for the right reason, so i have to just go with guys that i know that run SCCA.
GLBLWARMR I would think would know more having been in Japan.

I absolutely agree though that 99% of the ricers runing around the streets have no reason to have a wing on except for looks.

TAZ
Old 04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah
While I saw the H2 vs. Lightning video I have to laugh...that guy did a burnout the length of the track that would have made John Force proud. Had he of pedaled it for a minute the spinning would of stopped and it would have been bye-bye H2. Granted a win is a win even if the other guy can't drive but to get all geeked-up about beating a Lightning is funny. That was a one-in-a-million run and no H2, supercharged or otherwise, is going to take a Lightning. With $1,000 in upgrades you have a legitimate 12 second truck and a good number of them have run 9's with a ton of them in the 10's. A 10 second Lightning doesn't even get a second glance anymore as it's pretty common...

And if I were a betting man I'd put my money on the L every time...and I know how fast they are because I have one.
It was hilarious, but you missed all the discussions on other boards where his buddies from here in VA joked the hell out of him. I went on a couple and explained that I knew he should have beaten me, but I was happy they could joke him.

I want to see Taz's truck on the track!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Hummer Authority

Waiting to finish it up Ken once Dragon is done with His part. I'm going to be pushing it on the ragged edge but, seriously I will be careful. Hummer people tell me not to worry about the bottom end with stock heads still on and maybe bottom will be OK later when i got to better heads with more flow for more boost they said. They just keep telling me that the 6.0L is a tough motor if done right and carefully with a slow step up in power and they like the HPTUNERS software. Plus I will be running a live wideband scan all the time on the big screen in dash as i go so hopefully i do not let something get away from me before i adjust. I want to have fun but, the speed and power addons are to benefit show also once we have all the time slips to go with runs etc. So it is still an on going process. I had hoped really to get it all done last year but, when May came around and they diagnosed me with the wierd epilepsy from the oxygen loss from GI bleed that the Doc seems to make progress and then my body adjust to the meds and we start over. It is really wringing me out. He promises we will get it right soon. I got time till Dragon is done.

I'm going to be working to get it topend fast once I get my hands on it to take it to Texas. Then I will most likely add some 4.56's and retune after. I could do both but, depends on how long it takes for Dragon to get rig back to Me. Supposed to be in another month. I do not want to change the gearing but once anyway and i need to leave the 4.10's in for Texas. I'm not sure yet what I may have to do once I see how much more weight has been added with the fiberglass work etc. inside. Bryan mentioned at least pulling the back sub enclosures out. I checked rules for Texas run and I'm looking at stock class so they said i could not take anything out. I do know in the spring run a stock Tahoe ran 135MPH at the end of the mile trap. I had hoped to be the first SUV there last year but, this rig ran just this past March and I hope to make Oct. runs. I know I can take the speed because I have been there already. Well anyway it is a long way off and allot of stuff to happen yet.

TAZ
Old 04-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
It was hilarious, but you missed all the discussions on other boards where his buddies from here in VA joked the hell out of him. I went on a couple and explained that I knew he should have beaten me, but I was happy they could joke him.

I want to see Taz's truck on the track!!!!
He actually showed up on a few Lightning boards and was harrassed mercilessly!