H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-22-2005, 03:40 PM

H2Newbie is off the scale

As it it starting to warm up I turn on my AC for the firstime this spring. I noticed that not all of the vents were blowing out Cold air. They all blew out the same amount of air but not all of them had cold air coming out. Has anyone had this issue before? Could some on adives? Thanks,
Old 04-22-2005, 03:40 PM

As it it starting to warm up I turn on my AC for the firstime this spring. I noticed that not all of the vents were blowing out Cold air. They all blew out the same amount of air but not all of them had cold air coming out. Has anyone had this issue before? Could some on adives? Thanks,
Old 04-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Are both sides (driver/passenger) of the system set at the same temp?

Ric
Old 04-22-2005, 03:52 PM

Yes they are. The Driver side is the one not cooling as well. I even set the Driver side lower than the passenger side to see if it would make a difference but it did not.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Take it in to the dealer....either some of the mechanical doors in the vent system are sticking, or the electronics are mal functioning. I've had mine in several times with this issue...they tweak it, it works for a while, then I have the problem again. Did I hear extended warranty?!?!?!

Ric
Old 04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same issue with actually hot air blowing on the drivers side. I turned off/on the blowers a few times, and the vent door actually broke itself loose, and "whalla" cold air since then!
I can actually hear the flappers opening, is that normal?

Ric-H2
Old 04-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like one of the electric actuators are not functioning. Not unheard of obviously. For the drivers side it is located on the side of the Heater/AC case and there appears to be a new part number for it, #89018365 it is called the temperature valve actuator and it is the same number for Passenger or Driver side so you could swap them to see if it is your problem.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

h2newbie- try turning it from defrost to ac/vent with the fan on high , the doors might open. If that dont work tap/kick/pound on the heater box . If that dont work make your wife drive and you ride on the passenger side.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

The air distribution system in the H2's suck.
GM hasn't published anything regarding this, but I bet they will soon.
All of the electric actuators that move the doors to change the airflow or temperature, make a sweep from one stop to the other every time you start it up so the computer can (find)
what position the actuators are in. It's not uncommon for the actuators to be a little lost or not quite where they need to be. All we can do at the dealer is a quick relearn procedure, and like hum2 says, it works good for a while.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

That's exactly what happened to mine. The dealer said the computer lost the door index and it wasn't opening/closing it all the way. Every now and then the passenger side would blow hot air regardless of the setting.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:42 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Newbie:
... I turn on my AC for the first time this spring... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For the first half dozen cars I had, I was always having A/C problems.

Most times it was just that the A/C fluid was low.
I knew that A/C fluid has a tendency to leak out, past the seals, if the seals don't keep lubed. Knowing this, I would always, at least once a week, turn on the A/C for 5 minutes, at least.
But still I'd eventually get problems. I almost never got more than 3 years of good service. Eventually I would have to get the A/C serviced. Since I keep most of my cars for about an 8 year average, I really saw a lot of A/C repairs. Which annoyed me, because I'd see so many people who didn't know A/C switch from the cigarette lighter, and they'd never seem to have problems. I "knew" what I needed to do, and I'd still have the problems!

That is, until I finally decided to just keep the A/C on all the time. In the winter I'd have A/C warmed air (which helps in keeping the fog off the windows). But always, just keep it on. I only turn the temp up, or down, if I needed more or less heat.

Doing that, now I never have any problems with the A/C. The last 3 cars and I haven't had A/C problems. This is better.

Just something I'd recommend that you do, too.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had AC problems in all my cars. But then again I let one run out of oil.

This reminds me of our trip home from Paragon last year.(at Band Camp )

We ran into problems with the fan blades or something and on our way out of the park I decided to blast the heat on my side to help with overheating. When we got back to the campground we turned off the heat and we made it -thanks to BrooklynH2.

Well we left to come home and everything was running fine. We were worried but figured our dealership back home could fix the problem. 6 hours away.

I started getting a little hot but we didn't turn on the AC because of the engine. I started downing the drinks in the cooler and things were okay.

Then my feet couldn't stand being on the floor board so put them in my seat. I was starting to sweat. I expressed concern to Kenny that maybe the engine was overheating. He kept telling me" the temp is fine, a little high but fine"

Then I had to pee ( from all the drinks), Kenny didn't want to jeopardize the engine by turning it off and on and it got really bad so eventually I had to pee in a cup- in the car. But I didn't want to litter so I held on to it.

2 hours into the drive holding a cup of pee and sweating I reached down and touched the floor and you could fry an egg on it. I was gettin worried, and pissed,

We stopped for gas, ditched the pee , and Ken checked the engine. "Looked fine" he said.

Anyway, 5 hours later ( an hour away from home)we discovered that the temp was way up and even though we didn't have it running it emmited the highest temp on the dial the whole way home. The engine did great( kudos to Brooklyn again).

I know you have checked that and it has nothing to do w/ your situation but it just brought back so many memories. I had to share.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Co-pilot I know it is strange for Me but, I'm setting here for a moment at a loss for words.
Please stop making us have all these mental images.
You and Ken know Me and I'm a good boy but, I'm telling You that You make it so hard for Us to remember Your one of Our Buddies and We WUV you too. Just the sister kind of WUV and thoughts get all blown up when You share these memories or maybe it is just Me.
Taz
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-25-2005, 12:31 PM

The AC worked fine this weekend. I had another odd issue. When I started the engine I had no sound from the radio. I changed stations with no sound. I turned the radio off and then back on and it was fine.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Newbie:
The AC worked fine this weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine was doing as you described in your first post, and would work properly from time to time. I'm betting your problem will come back, and you'll need to take the truck in to the shop.

Your radio problem...same thing happened to me last week.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
I have had AC problems in all my cars. But then again I let one run out of oil.

This reminds me of our trip home from Paragon last year.(at Band Camp )

We ran into problems with the fan blades or something and on our way out of the park I decided to blast the heat on my side to help with overheating. When we got back to the campground we turned off the heat and we made it -thanks to BrooklynH2.

Well we left to come home and everything was running fine. We were worried but figured our dealership back home could fix the problem. 6 hours away.

I started getting a little hot but we didn't turn on the AC because of the engine. I started downing the drinks in the cooler and things were okay.

Then my feet couldn't stand being on the floor board so put them in my seat. I was starting to sweat. I expressed concern to Kenny that maybe the engine was overheating. He kept telling me" the temp is fine, a little high but fine"

Then I had to pee ( from all the drinks), Kenny didn't want to jeopardize the engine by turning it off and on and it got really bad so eventually I had to pee in a cup- in the car. But I didn't want to litter so I held on to it.

2 hours into the drive holding a cup of pee and sweating I reached down and touched the floor and you could fry an egg on it. I was gettin worried, and pissed,

We stopped for gas, ditched the pee , and Ken checked the engine. "Looked fine" he said.

Anyway, 5 hours later ( an hour away from home)we discovered that the temp was way up and even though we didn't have it running it emmited the highest temp on the dial the whole way home. The engine did great( kudos to Brooklyn again).

I know you have checked that and it has nothing to do w/ your situation but it just brought back so many memories. I had to share. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Got as far as the pee and lost it!
Old 04-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

On the radio deal, your amp did not power up when you turned the key on. My '03 did that a few times when I was having battery problems. With mine it was a voltage issue.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:56 PM

I can take it to the deal for repair. If it is working when I get to the dealer I am sure they will just ignore it.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh sure, Ken won't let the kids eat in the H2, but he'll let you pee in a cup and hold onto it for a couple hours. One good bump and....

Besides, you're supposed to pee into a soda bottle. With a cap. Hmm, some boys I know might want to hear about that.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Good call on the soda bottle Dan but it's kinda hard for a girl.

Some boys are nasty little monkeys!!