H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Elcova Newbie

matts213 is on a distinguished road
Default Stereo Problem

I have an 04 H2 I just purchased about 2 weeks ago, I tried using the search feature but I came up empty handed and I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a feeling I am going to have to replace the cd player but I figure I will ask anyway. I was playing a burnt cd in my cd player when it started skipping half of the tracks, I skipped around a lot quite quickly and then ejected the cd. After the cd came out, my cd player will no longer accept cds, if I push the cd in half way it will still eject which leads me to believe that the motor is still functional it is just not loading the cds in. Has anyone else ran into this or does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stereo Problem

I have a feeling I am going to have to replace the cd player but I figure I will ask anyway. I was playing a burnt cd in my cd player when it started skipping half of the tracks, I skipped around a lot quite quickly and then ejected the cd. After the cd came out, my cd player will no longer accept cds, if I push the cd in half way it will still eject which leads me to believe that the motor is still functional it is just not loading the cds in. Has anyone else ran into this or does anyone have any suggestions?[/quote]

Are you waiting till the player says laod CD?
I made this mistake when we 1st bought ours.
I know it will not play a MP3 burnt cd only a
direct copy style burnt one.

You could try to remove the battery cable for about 1 hr and see if it will reset (not sure) if that will work.
Good luck to you and let us know what happens.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Elcova Newbie

Where would it say load? Originally it was just taking the cd as soon as I put it in the slot, I have tried with both a burnt cd as well as a store purchased cd.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

Gunzz is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts213
I have an 04 H2 I just purchased about 2 weeks ago, I tried using the search feature but I came up empty handed and I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a feeling I am going to have to replace the cd player but I figure I will ask anyway. I was playing a burnt cd in my cd player when it started skipping half of the tracks, I skipped around a lot quite quickly and then ejected the cd. After the cd came out, my cd player will no longer accept cds, if I push the cd in half way it will still eject which leads me to believe that the motor is still functional it is just not loading the cds in. Has anyone else ran into this or does anyone have any suggestions?

Is your radio the 6 disc changer or the single disc? If it is a 6 disc changer you have to push the correct, (empty) position you are going to use then wait for the unit to display "Load disc".

If it is the changer and you can't figure it out I will scan and email you the pages from the manual telling you how to do it. My 05 came with the changer and it should be basically the same as the 04 model. Just let me know.

Mike

By the way some cd's will skip in the changer. Sometimes to stop it you have to record oon good discs and at a slower speed. Mine used to work fine after lowering the recording speed of the CD-R. If you are using CD-RW's you should try using the CD-R.

Last edited by Gunzz : 12-09-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Elcova Newbie

Sorry for not being clear from the beginning, I have the single disk cd player.