H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-31-2005, 02:23 AM

r_hartless is off the scale

hello all. i just recently installed an airaid (www.airaid.com) air filter system on my '04 H2. shortly after installing it, the service engine light came on. the dealer is "95% sure" it's the filter. has anyone else had this "problem"?

also, i tried putting the original air filter system back on, but the plastic tube that goes from the engine to the actual filter doesn't seem to fit right anymore. when i install it, the fan blade comes rather close to hitting the plastic tube.

also, why is the plastic tube shaped funny. in an attempt to test out the dealers theory, i left the airaid tube on, and only put back in the truck the oem air filter itself...the service engine light won't go away.

help!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:23 AM

r_hartless is off the scale

hello all. i just recently installed an airaid (www.airaid.com) air filter system on my '04 H2. shortly after installing it, the service engine light came on. the dealer is "95% sure" it's the filter. has anyone else had this "problem"?

also, i tried putting the original air filter system back on, but the plastic tube that goes from the engine to the actual filter doesn't seem to fit right anymore. when i install it, the fan blade comes rather close to hitting the plastic tube.

also, why is the plastic tube shaped funny. in an attempt to test out the dealers theory, i left the airaid tube on, and only put back in the truck the oem air filter itself...the service engine light won't go away.

help!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum.
First question, is the MAF connected properly. I know it sounds elementary, but mistakes happen.
The blade is close most likely because you need to rotate the stock tube alittle.
The stock tube is shaped like that to reduce intake noise if my memory serves me correctly.

Did you disconnect the battery as the instructions say? No matter, the light should go off after a few ignition cyles. Don't worry about it for a few days. Your PCM is not used to the higher airflow and that is probably the issue.

Did that come out right, or do I need another beer....
Old 01-31-2005, 02:36 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

If I understand some previous posts if there's not a real problem the light will go off after a number of non-event cycles. Don't remember the number. Otherwise, just run by the dealer, have them read the code and clear it. I have the Airaid filter and no problems. Did you get the MAS connected back right?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:59 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Up by the throttle body (if you are looking towards the engine from the front it is on the left) there is a plastic wire with a rubber grommet at the bottom of it. It is vertical next to where the intake tube mounts to the throttle body. Wiggle that and push it back down some.

That sensor (I forget what it is at the moment) was my problem and I had bumped it (easy to do) when installing the intake tube.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

i have an airraid intake and eveyrthing is fine all around with the tubes and the lights... no problems here.. have the dealer read the code..
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 02-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

I Had the airaid intake and never had a service engine light. The sensor on the gas cap is checked every (so many) 15 key cycles. (cant remember the numbeer) but it should go out if all is okay. Probably just a coincidence.
If not, call airaid and ask them, as well.
I think I took mine off after two weeks or so. I didn't like the brush and water getting directly to the filter thru the engine compartment.
Good luck.