H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-09-2010, 05:23 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road
Default E-Locker go Boom!!

Well after succesfully pulling a jeep out!!!! LMAO I was getting out of the trail and merging into traffic, I forgot that I was still in 4lo with the diff locked and accelerated into the traffic and within seconds "SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM" on the DIC!!! Well when I got home I pulled the DTC with my Programmer and C0388 was the DTC it threw. I looked in the repair manual and followed the trouble shooting. First step check the coil in the diff!! Well if its good it gives me a good reason to change the gear oil in the process right. Well as soon as I opened her up to my horror this is what I saw!!!

This was the culprit that caused the pigtail wires to pull apart!!

So I head over to the cadillac dealership since I was referred to go their for maintenance. Part "Not available"!! Well let me order it, right how much $15 bucks, easy street!!! How about that Eaton locker part..."talk to eaton" WTFso now I am with the eaton guy on the horn which by the way has excellent customer service and get the parts ordered including axle seals. Total about $250 dollars. Talk to the dealer on an estimate for the install. $1800......At this point im keeling over!!! Stealership indeed!!! So I removed the broken lock piece snipped the wires and closed her back up and Just decided to wait till later to get the locker fixed!! AGGHHH!!!If I had more down time for this I would do it my damn self!! I figured since the axle shafts are coming out any way time to upgrade those diffs to 4.88 gears for those 40" tires I been looking into!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: E-Locker go Boom!!

Here are some pics before the carnage. Sorry no jeep pull pick, My buddy offered me a case of beer if I didnt take pics!! LOL His pride is so worth my case of beer. I didn't promise I wouldn't tell anybody though

By the way Travis' treehugger is EXCELLENT we had some 3-4" sapplings I just completely ran the hell over!! The trail was pretty narrow so I had to make the Hummer route!!

THE CULPRIT JEEP!!! LOL
Old 10-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: E-Locker go Boom!!

Sucks about the locker man.

I've always wondered what that guard looked like from the drivers seat, kinda makes me want to order one up!