H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

r3run33 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: rod hall h2 sut???

wow you guys are ruff now i have seen core pre runner trucks before in person and those are basically biggies with plastic bodies attached!!! from the pics of rod hall site the hummer does not look like that now a perfect example is the dakar h3 run by robby gordon that was a blatant race truck with a fab body attached. the h2 sut i'm referring to does not look like that. all i'm asking is what was changed tie rods etc. yes i probalby can't duplicate it but it would be nice to see what these guys strenghtd or changed because they knew what would brake or was to weak to hold up.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

by thanks for the link maverick im looking for pics of the dakar h3 so you guys can see what i mean
Old 05-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

ok look at these 2 and tell me which one is close to stock?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3022857360.jpg (2.4 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg intro.jpg (108.9 KB, 228 views)
Old 05-21-2008, 02:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

sorry those pics are small but you get the idea
Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3run33
sorry those pics are small but you get the idea

Yep, we know what you're talking about. The Dakar rig is a built from the ground up as a unique platform for racing, and has nothing at all to do with any HUMMER, except for some slight resemblence of an H3 on bodywork. Personally, I hate it, why put the HUMMER name on it if it's not a HUMMER. That's precisely why Rod Hall racing will always have more respect from me, they use stock trucks with very little modifications and give the HUMMER name some truly worthy wins to be proud of.

So yes, for your answer look to Mavericks response, the Hall Racing HUMMER's are all production line H1's, H2's, H3's and modified only for endurance and safety.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Maverick
In all cases the trucks are bone stock with the exception of spring rates, shocks...

As per the rules, no suspension components are modified in any way.

I really want nothing to do with the cat fight going on here, but was curious about the two statements above. How do they not contradict each other? It states that you cannot modify the suspension components in any way, but you can change spring rates and shocks. Are spring rates and shocks not considered "suspension components"?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 Maverick is off the scale

Quote:
wow you guys are ruff now i have seen core pre runner trucks before in person and those are basically biggies with plastic bodies attached!!! from the pics of rod hall site the hummer does not look like that now a perfect example is the dakar h3 run by robby gordon that was a blatant race truck with a fab body attached. the h2 sut i'm referring to does not look like that. all i'm asking is what was changed tie rods etc. yes i probalby can't duplicate it but it would be nice to see what these guys strenghtd or changed because they knew what would brake or was to weak to hold up.

Not trying to get my panties wadded up but when people start spouting off about something that we poured alot time and hard work into it just like getting a snuggy. As far as the tie rods, yes they are production parts. Robbie Gordons Dakar H3 is nothing more than a Trophy Truck with a bad representation of a H3 skin. Hell it's not even 4 wheel drive.
On the H2 SUT.
As per the rules, spring rates are open and since we weigh about 700 pounds more than production trucks and see alot more rough terrain at alot higher speeds it was an obvious choice to up the rates. The front t-bars are actually off the shelf production 1 ton production springs. The rears are aftermarket. The shocks are also open in both sanctioning bodies. We run 4 inch bypass shocks with remote resevoirs which weigh about 50-60 pounds each.

We prerun and chase in completely stock H2s and H3s with the only mods being FOX shocks which you could purchase through Chad Hall at Winkle Hummer in Reno.

Okay I'll get off my now and get back to prepping Rod's and Chad's trucks for the upcoming 40th running of the Baja 500. Visit rodhallracing.com to get up to the minute news of the race and also GPS tracking of the entire race. Sure would like to see all of the Hummer owners participate in our blog on race day.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Hummer Novice

H2 rocks me is off the scale

maverick

I wish you guys the best of luck in all of your upcoming SCORE and BITD events. Hopefully all of the Hummers will win their class.

Looking forward to live coverage on the web!!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Maverick
Not trying to get my panties wadded up but when people start spouting off about something that we poured alot time and hard work into it just like getting a snuggy.
I know how much work you put into getting them ready, that's one of the reasons why these guys win!

Good info on the springs, btw. I had a link for what was done to the old SUV but can't find it anymore.

Good Luck in the B500!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

For what it's worth -- after spending 4 days with Team HUMMER -- I can tell you that Mav is spot on (he should be...I'm pretty sure he was there).

I ran the pre-run of Terrible's town with Chad Hall in an H2 and saw Rod Hall pre-run in a bone-stock H3...so to say the Halls just show up and race is false.

Someone asked about the steering wheel -- it has to be stock, just like the dash (minus the radio, etc).
Attached Images

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 05-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
For what it's worth -- after spending 4 days with Team HUMMER -- I can tell you that Mav is spot on (he should be...I'm pretty sure he was there).

I ran the pre-run of Terrible's town with Chad Hall in an H2 and saw Rod Hall pre-run in a bone-stock H3...so to say the Halls just show up and race is false.

Someone asked about the steering wheel -- it has to be stock, just like the dash (minus the radio, etc).
Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

maverick thanks agin for the info i knew you guys where close to stock and was just curious about the shocks etc so wait the tie rods are stock??? i'm not trying to make a fight but i thought this was the weakest link on the rig and from the vids i seen of the sut running they are not babying that unit at all. some of those ruts were takin at a good speed. i really do appreciate the info and good luck next week.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

ok so i seen a write about about a h2 similar to rod hall sut; its a reno hummer dealerships race truck. fairly stock except for cage and some fox shocks similar to the sut (actually the same) now they change the tie rods with a unit from a company called samco; any one know these guys?? they also had a special knuckle made up had brass bushings I will try to get the mag today and scan a pic and then post it.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Quote:
ok so i seen a write about about a h2 similar to rod hall sut; its a reno hummer dealerships race truck. fairly stock except for cage and some fox shocks similar to the sut (actually the same) now they change the tie rods with a unit from a company called samco; any one know these guys?? they also had a special knuckle made up had brass bushings I will try to get the mag today and scan a pic and then post it.

the tie rods are stock -- Samco is run by Sam Cothrun, the co-driver and pit crew chief for the H2 SUT...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

no it had a pic of the new piece it looked nice much more sturdy i have not had time to go get the mag either off road mag or something the cover has a ford f250 on it and the top banner has a pic of the h2 (color grey)