H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Elcova Newbie

14u2env is on a distinguished road
Question shift lock control switch

Hello there, First let me say I've been reading your forum for 2 years now. Great job to all. I thank you for your knowledge and tips, saved me a ton already.

With that said, I have been having an issue the past two months now with my 2004 H2 getting the vehicle out of park.

I've read all of the posts here regarding this issue and here is what I have discovered so far and what I have done at attempted fixes.

I did have a broken wire in the console from the wiring harness being too tight (green/white E slot). I rewired the broken wire, but still was not working correctly. I thought my wiring job might be botched so I ordered a new harness altogether (AC delco PT1071 or GM15305931). Got that wired and installed, was still not working.

I then narrowed it down to the solenoid. Ordered a new one of those (GM 88967140). Got it installed today and still nothing.

I've checked the fuses, the brake lights, etc, all seem ok.

I am not getting the "click" when I press the brake pedal but, when I hold the brake, press the manual override button in the console, then push the button on the shift lever, I do get the click. I read something tonight about the 'shift lock control switch'. That is the only thing that has not been replaced as far as key components (that I know of). Is this shift lock switch a mechanical piece and where is it located? What can I do to check that it is functional? Maybe there are other things I can check as well?

Any help at all at figuring this one out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Craig