H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I read a post a short while ago (perhaps princesses?) about not putting a supercharger on her new H2... something that it was a pain or caused problems or something like that.

My question is this. For those of you that have a supercharger, would you do it again? Was it worth the effort? I know HPwise, it's great. But sometimes the install and the way they are mounted causes grief and kind of end up being Mickey Mouse.... almost a too much effort and wish I had never done it attitude.

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I read a post a short while ago (perhaps princesses?) about not putting a supercharger on her new H2... something that it was a pain or caused problems or something like that.

My question is this. For those of you that have a supercharger, would you do it again? Was it worth the effort? I know HPwise, it's great. But sometimes the install and the way they are mounted causes grief and kind of end up being Mickey Mouse.... almost a too much effort and wish I had never done it attitude.

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

ABSOLUTELY!!!
I don't see any mouse ears here:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/9451048641
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 12-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

We'd do it again, but our priorities changed.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Supercharger is on my wish list.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:13 PM

rvs9 is off the scale

I'd do it agin in a heartbeat. My only gripe is the whine. Knew that would be a side effect, but I'm anal about sound. When you get used to a relatively quiet vehicle, any additional noise is noticeable.

People are not shi**ing you about the H2 being totally different after the SC added. It really becomes a beast!!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:55 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

I'd do it again in a minute...

Other than the "new noise" it makes... it's transparent...

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 12-05-2005, 04:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

Nixxxster is off the scale

Just wonder if you guy have to use 91 octane or just 87?????
Old 12-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nixxxster:
Just wonder if you guy have to use 91 octane or just 87????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>91? WTH is that? We use 93 out here.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

Nixxxster is off the scale

California use 91 octane. It used to be 92 octane
Old 01-03-2006, 04:56 PM

ButtUGLY is off the scale

Most of my experience comes from "rice rockets" so if I slap on a super charger, I'll have to go with higher octane, now is race applications sometimes you can go by with just octane boosters.

But given that I'm in California, where you can only get 91 octane at the pump @ $2.69 a gallon vs. some pumps with $2.09 for 87. Could I go with 87 octane plus a bottle of octane booster?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure if it was worth the money yet but ill let you know next week when its done gettin installed.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

OK.. My observations on this.

Yes, there is a noticable 'whine' under load, but the thing is quiet when rolling down the level road without your foot in it. One HUGE change is that the down shifting is greatly improved. What I mean is that it does not seem like the rig is shifting from Overdrive to 1st gear when pulling a big hill or when you punch it to pass.

91 Octane or higher is recommended. Allen @ Nelson Performance can build a program that will allow the use of 87 Octane, but at the sacrafice of a bit of power.. (and of course some additional $$$) http://nelsonperformance.com/

The H2 is DEFINITELY a different rig once this SC is installed.. and quite robust when pulling trailers or long steep mountain passes. Mine can hold 85-95MPH when headed up the Eisenhour tunnel approach (6-7% grade) here in Colorado with very little effort (except watching out for those tiny cars that seem to think it is ok to pull out in front of a fast moving Large vehicle).

The Magnacharger install is very clean and nothing is 'rigged' when the install is complete. The only drawback that I have experienced is that the new Oil filler neck is shorter than the original which makes it hard to pour oil into the engine without a funnel.

Hope this is helpful.

Oh.. one last thing. I have a magnacharger and a friend of mine also has a magnacharger. My MPG went down from 12-14mpg to 9-11mpg. My friend has yet to see anything above 9.5mpg (but of course you tend to put your foot in it a bit more with the Supercharger).
Old 01-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

We have 93 Oct. here with a midgrade of 91 and low grade of 87 oct. I'll spare the speel on oct. ratings My oil and gas industry Buddy told Me so if it interest You look for it in find.
But, lower Oct. can be used if You are careful and understand the tricks but, if You a real buzy do what is safe and run 91 or 93.

I run or getting ready to add methanol inj. which sprays only at WOT. I plan to test running 87 as when driving around normal like trips down freeway for long distance, You are not going to cause a problem. It is only when You catch that lead foot bug. So to compensate for the unrecognizable attack I will spray Methanol a little earlier than WOT in first try with 87 and adjust spray from there. What My final goal Is to Have 3 programs maybe 4 since I will be controling My tuning with HPTUNERS software with a PC built in the H2 so I can change tune anytime I want but, stopped. No on the go tune yet but, got to figured it out, to run the 87 deal a 93 with full Methanol at WOT then the bad boy with race fuel and heavy Methanol spray , ice bucket, and spray CO2 on the aftercooler. I have offer for free flowing heads that are ported and polished but the nice thing is they will not raise compression to cause a BOOM. My tuning sponsor says they do not know of anyone that scans their tune at all times which will allow Me to pull over and tweak tune after editing the scan and flashing it to program. Well they have been great sponsors so I'm helping come up with some stuff the everyday hot rodder can use without investing what the big boys do on laptops.
I hope it will pay them back they have been great and selling to anyone.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges