H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

ipeefreely is on a distinguished road
Default Re: h2 DURAMAX

that sucks, what job are you doing now?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeefreely
that sucks, what job are you doing now?
I am in the IT Industry at the moment. It was much more fun as a hobby than as a career. I've lost almost all interest in it. So I might be advertising my H2 here soon.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

awww, that sucks. how does your h2 look like? Any pics?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Old 10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeefreely
I have a couple photo albums online from events I have gone to. You can see them here and here.

Here are a couple random pictures:

I hope to speak to one of the banks I deal with in the coming weeks and see if it is possible to arrange something with my student loan. It might look odd for a full time university student to be driving an H2, especially with a part-time job of stocking shelves or whatever I can find that will work with my classes.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

wow those pics are awesome, look like you really had fun. I thought you were co_hummer or something at first with the yellow h2, lol. Man i really need to go off roading soon, i still havent had time to even take my h2 out for a spin on the dirt.
and hey, theres nothing wrong with a full time university student driving an h2, i do it =P
Old 10-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Keep it man, I live 2 blocks from UNC in Colorado and let me tell you, chicks dig the H2. Any student driving an H2 is pimpin it for sure! Got to have the blondes ~

Back to business, the duramax will be in 09 H2, so just wait. But dam, $25,000 doesnt sound too bad for the conversion. It it was $15,000 i think it would be very popular.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix1
Keep it man, I live 2 blocks from UNC in Colorado and let me tell you, chicks dig the H2. Any student driving an H2 is pimpin it for sure! Got to have the blondes ~

Back to business, the duramax will be in 09 H2, so just wait. But dam, $25,000 doesnt sound too bad for the conversion. It it was $15,000 i think it would be very popular.

--John

That is some funny **** right there. Grown ass man proud that his H2 is a UNC College Girl Pussy Magnet...........
Old 10-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

wooooooo a diesel h2. FINALLY. But so far away...
Old 10-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

Call me a skeptic, but when someone bids a project for me and comes up with a round figure like $25,000.00 then it seems like BS. I'd rather see an itemized list of parts, cost, hours, and mark-up.

Every shop is entitled to a fair profit and reasonable mark-up on parts, I have no problem supporting a justified price structure- but don't let anyone snow you, make them show you a written estimate.

And $1,500.00 credit for the engine / trans is robbery. Especially considering they can certify it's functionality before removal, helping their resale cause.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoyle
Call me a skeptic, but when someone bids a project for me and comes up with a round figure like $25,000.00 then it seems like BS. I'd rather see an itemized list of parts, cost, hours, and mark-up.

Every shop is entitled to a fair profit and reasonable mark-up on parts, I have no problem supporting a justified price structure- but don't let anyone snow you, make them show you a written estimate.

And $1,500.00 credit for the engine / trans is robbery. Especially considering they can certify it's functionality before removal, helping their resale cause.
So he is being generous with the quote, but screwing people on the trade-in? I agree that $1,500 is not much, but I have a hard time believing that someone would screw you on the trade-in, then be generous with the rest of the quote. If the person is in the mood to screw you, they will offer $1,500 for the drivetrain and still charge $45,000 for the conversion. Just my two cents with how I see it.

Of course, if anyone was to have this conversion done, I would hope they get a formal quote before dropping their vehicle off.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Hey Ernie
My LPG tank (120 ltrs) is installed in the trunk. You do lose space. I'm gonna install a gobi roof rack for my spare tire. Now, I keep my spare in the company.
Here's some pics. It runs GREAT, you cannot feel you're running on regular gas or lpg. Even while driving, I can just switch from LPG to regulare or vice versa. But, have the installment done by a professional, 'cause there are a lot of "frauds" out there and I heard that a LPG installation, which isn't installed correct, is an expensive nightmare !

this is the button near the steering wheel to switch from lpg to regular gas and to see how much is left in the lpg tank

and the place where to put the lpg in :

Frenzy

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 10-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

You guys really think $25,000 is THAT bad? Hummm.

Remember that room in your house you redid, or the basement you finished. You thought the quotes were alot, but after 6 months working on the job, 200 trips to the home depot, and tripple the amount of money on materials you needed......you begin to understand why the contractors wanted so much. Just finished my dam cathedral ceiling project in my kitchen. =)

Kinda the same deal with a H2 duramax conversion.

But heck, it it was $10,000 I would do it. To me that would be worthwile for the duramax. Also, I think you need to take into consideration the quality of the conversion. Some I have seen are perfect down to the 4 wheel drive buttons being changed. Others are hack jobs...

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

My issue isn't so much with the cost as it is the nice round figure (25K). It screams, "I'm not into details".

My poker mind says he's bluffing his quotes if they're coming out nice and even.

For example- when I got estimates on getting our offshore boat repainted, the shop I selected provided the best quote. The accounted for surface area, prep time, chemicals, environmental disposal, paint, and final assembly and detail.

He showed me the number of hours broken down by process and his shop rate. I didn't ask for it and frankly at the time it wasn't a big deal, that's just how he prepared quotes.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoyle
My issue isn't so much with the cost as it is the nice round figure (25K). It screams, "I'm not into details".

My poker mind says he's bluffing his quotes if they're coming out nice and even.

For example- when I got estimates on getting our offshore boat repainted, the shop I selected provided the best quote. The accounted for surface area, prep time, chemicals, environmental disposal, paint, and final assembly and detail.

He showed me the number of hours broken down by process and his shop rate. I didn't ask for it and frankly at the time it wasn't a big deal, that's just how he prepared quotes.
It depends on how people operate when they prepare an estimate, and it depends on how people react when they receive an estimate. As an example, when people first asked the question here, answers were also rounded. While not everyone likes such simple answers, most can deal with them. I made it clear to them when I requested the estimate that I live in Alberta, 3000 km away. Sorry, 3078 km away. It stands to reason that he would provide a rounded cookie-cutter response if he senses the chances of a sale are next to non-existant. Maybe not the best attitude, but if his work is good, that is what is important. Just saying, based on my extremely limited contact with the company.