H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Elcova Rookie

TedW is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 H2 OPD Port Location?

I've spent an hour under the dash of my 2008 H2 and cannot find the OBD connection port? Can anyone tell me where it is and how to get at it? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:54 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: 2008 H2 OPD Port Location?

Ted I'm serious and not making fun when I ask if you have seen the port before on other vehicles?

The port unless moved on 2008 should be just to left of left knee as you would sit in seat.

Best bet would be to get owners manual out and it will show you instantly what I could possibly miss direct you into causing even more confusion.

Good Luck

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Elcova Rookie

Default 2008 H2 OPD Port Location?

Taz, thanks for the reply! I had an 03 til I got this one, but never needed to locate the port. When you say "left of the left knee", I assume the port nust be behind the kick panel below the dash? Other than the parking brake release, there's nothing else I can see. I haven't gotten that kick panel off yet, it was way too hot yesterday, but lying down w/a flashlight, I can't see anything that looks like the port. Part of this may be complicated by the fact I've got a ton of extra wiring for trailer brakes, 2 light bars and 2 sets of grill lights. I'm just trying to locate it w/o screwing up all the wiring and relays!
Thanks again Ted
Old 06-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Elcova Rookie

Oh, Taz, one more thing...no mention of the port in the manual. I think they don't want anyone messing with it! Ted
Old 07-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Hey Ted,

I'm really surprised there is no mention of OBD port. Sometimes I have seen pics of underside of dash left of steering wheel talking about something else and you could see port. Port should not be blocked behind a kick panel. It is used almost number 1 by Tech to plug diagnostic up to, so it would not be made hard.

Ted it may be under the hood near the fuse box on fender on drivers side.

Well hope you get it worked out. I do not know where else to advise.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

On the 2003 it is attached right above where the wires are hanging down. (guess I need to move the wires back up) There is a plastic cover that just pulls off and that is where you plug a programmer in or where the dealership hooks into.

P.S. Moved the wires already

Last edited by Easy Ed : 07-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Elcova Rookie

Taz/Ed, thanks foryour help. Ultimately found it....The truck only has about 12,000 miles on it and has not been serviced yet. Finally found the OBD, it was not mounted to anything and apparently when it left the factory all they did was tuck it up above the steering column so you couldn't see the actual connector. My mechanic found it in 10 secs simply becaus he recognized the cable! BEst, Ted
Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

"it was not mounted to anything and apparently when it left the factory all they did was tuck it up above the steering column so you couldn't see the actual connector"

WTF ???? Did he mount it to where you/he can get to it easier next time ? Ya never know, ya might wany to get a programmer and it would be nice if it was "bolted" down for ease of access.

Ed
Old 07-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Hummer Authority

Ted that is a first for me and I hear many wierd things off and on about what people, well mechanics find about new vehicles.

Glad it worked out and tell the Tech to mount it like it should be in case you need to connect. It is easier, I think than with cable port laying around to fall under foot or whatever.

TAZ