H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

After our first major snowstorm of 2006 in the Northeast, I'm wondering how Hummer could put out a vehicle that doesn't have heated outside mirrors. It's one of those things that you don't really notice unless you're looking for it, and man was I looking for it this morning when my mirrors were covered in snow and ice. I hope they add it in the future, because it's really a basic feature that all vehicles should have.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

After our first major snowstorm of 2006 in the Northeast, I'm wondering how Hummer could put out a vehicle that doesn't have heated outside mirrors. It's one of those things that you don't really notice unless you're looking for it, and man was I looking for it this morning when my mirrors were covered in snow and ice. I hope they add it in the future, because it's really a basic feature that all vehicles should have.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i thought the same thing... had em on my vw but not the h3?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
yeah i thought the same thing... had em on my vw but not the h3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That and the steering wheel controls for the radio - all cars should have these things by now. I never realized how much I missed them until I got a car that didn't have them. The heated mirrors are really a necessity for those of us living (suffering?) in the Northeast and other cold regions. It's just not that easy to get snow and ice off your mirrors. I love my H3 but there are a lot of things like this that really just don't make sense. Heated seat controls anyone?!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe for the 07 or 08 model they will outfit the H3 with heated and power folding mirrors. I was pretty surprised way back when I looked at the H3 that it had neither

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah steering controls would be perfect.. but i have to wonder if its because GM is hurting that they rolled out a cheap to make vehicle (for them) cut out some important ****, and sold it with a high price tag anyways cuz its a hummer, and while it is a great vehicle, i mean cmon, a 5 cyl for 4800 lbs? who does that?? no 1 touch up and down windows? only one touch down drivers side? no steering wheel controls? no heated mirros? and it cost 40 grand full loaded? sheeeyit.. oh well i bought one anyways. i like it but this is definetly a first generation vehicle
Old 02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
yeah steering controls would be perfect.. but i have to wonder if its because GM is hurting that they rolled out a cheap to make vehicle (for them) cut out some important ****, and sold it with a high price tag anyways cuz its a hummer, and while it is a great vehicle, i mean cmon, a 5 cyl for 4800 lbs? who does that?? no 1 touch up and down windows? only one touch down drivers side? no steering wheel controls? no heated mirros? and it cost 40 grand full loaded? sheeeyit.. oh well i bought one anyways. i like it but this is definetly a first generation vehicle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're 100% right. We have nobody to blame but ourselves since we bought 'em, but they really left out a bunch of stuff for a car in this price range. As much as we all love our H3's, it's hard not to see it's shortcomings when you drive the car every day. It would have been nice to add more options (heated mirrors, steering wheel controls, backup camera, bluetooth integration for cell phone, etc.) for those of us willing to spend a little more to get exactly what we want. I have no doubt GM will add options in the coming years but it sucks for us early adopters who love the car but just wish it had a little more to offer.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

gc2488 is off the scale

Yay for the Bluetooth cell phone integration!

I'm glad Hummer went for a low price point
initially, though (along with profitability).
These luxury features are lower on my
priority list as compared to off-road
capability, high clearance, quiet ride
and nice body styling.

I hope Hummer has a similarly "good" set of
priorities for the H4 which is probably being
developed in Detroit as we speak. (Right?)

As far as having a full complement of
luxury feature, I was really impressed with
the loaded Volkswagen Touareg. Its Bluetooth
compatibility is rather lacking, though.
It wouldn't pair up and function with my
Palm Treo 650 cell phone when I tried it.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
After our first major snowstorm of 2006 in the Northeast, I'm wondering how Hummer could put out a vehicle that doesn't have heated outside mirrors. It's one of those things that you don't really notice unless you're looking for it, and man was I looking for it this morning when my mirrors were covered in snow and ice. I hope they add it in the future, because it's really a basic feature that all vehicles should have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
That and the steering wheel controls for the radio - all cars should have these things by now. I never realized how much I missed them until I got a car that didn't have them. The heated mirrors are really a necessity for those of us living (suffering?) in the Northeast and other cold regions. It's just not that easy to get snow and ice off your mirrors. I love my H3 but there are a lot of things like this that really just don't make sense. Heated seat controls anyone?!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are things you look for BEFORE you buy a vehicle.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no complaints about those items missing but that would probably because I don't use them. I have had heated mirrors in a couple of vehicle and never used them. That would probably be because I lived in FL when I had vehicles with them but I also survived many cold Kansas City winter without them so probably wouldn't miss them in that weather either. Never had steering wheel controls so don't know if I would have missed that or not. On occasion I drive several vehicle with them but don't use them because I am not used to it. I do miss my wireless remote from my other system though. For the price point, the one thing I would have really liked to see was climate control but oh well.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
After our first major snowstorm of 2006 in the Northeast, I'm wondering how Hummer could put out a vehicle that doesn't have heated outside mirrors. It's one of those things that you don't really notice unless you're looking for it, and man was I looking for it this morning when my mirrors were covered in snow and ice. I hope they add it in the future, because it's really a basic feature that all vehicles should have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That and the steering wheel controls for the radio - all cars should have these things by now. I never realized how much I missed them until I got a car that didn't have them. The heated mirrors are really a necessity for those of us living (suffering?) in the Northeast and other cold regions. It's just not that easy to get snow and ice off your mirrors. I love my H3 but there are a lot of things like this that really just don't make sense. Heated seat controls anyone?!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are things you look for BEFORE you buy a vehicle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, those are things I don't even think to look for before I buy a vehicle (at least the heated outside mirrors are). I can't even fathom a vehicle at this price point not having heated mirrors. The lack of steering wheel controls is quite obvious so I knew going in that the H3 lacked them, but when I bought my H3 in July heated mirrors weren't even on my radar.

These aren't dealbreakers by any stretch - I love my H3. I'm just pointing out a few shortcomings in the hopes that they are corrected in the future (and to maybe help future buyers who, like me, don't even think to look for heated mirrors).
Old 02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Actually, those are things I don't even think to look for before I buy a vehicle (at least the heated outside mirrors are).
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I bet the sales guy loved dealing with you.

BTW H2's have all the above </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it was a girl and I dealt with her over the phone...but she did love me . Seriously though, I never would have thought to look for heated outside mirrors because I just assumed the H3 would have them. I guess we all know what happens when you assume, right?...
Old 02-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out f5fstops thread on the mirrors with the blinkers in them they also come heated.There a little pricey but if you want them they are availible aftermarket.

Also I beleve all H3 should of had a garage remote(only Luxury) so I added a high beam remote its available on ebay (both types pin and newer random code type) It a easy install
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone else said, these were items you should have known were not on the vehicle when purchased.
However, if everyone added something to the vehicle, the sticker would not have started below 30K.
Hell, I would like HUD, as well as the steering wheel switches, which is not as inexpensive as it seems.
For those who believe they got an overpriced cheap vehicle, just crawl underneath and look up, those are not inexpensive drive train components.

A big problem with all auto manufactures is that if these items are offered, they will most likely be in a package, that would require someone else to purchase items they don't want or need. We in the north need heated mirrors, those in AZ don't. I very seldom use the heated seat, those in AZ probably never do, etc. So those in AZ, if they purchased a lux model, paid for items they never will use.
It appears to be a start of another GM bashing thread, so I'm out of here.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
It appears to be a start of another GM bashing thread, so I'm out of here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope it doesn't go that way - that's certainly not the way I intended it at all. I love my H3 and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. I guess I just wish they offered a cold-weather package or something which offered heated seats, heated mirrors, etc. That would make a lot of sense for us cold-climate people. Personally, I still would have gotten the luxury package because I love the leather but I'm sure a lot of people in cold climates would rather have cloth seats for obvious reasons.

Oh well. Considering the fact that it's a first year vehicle, I'm pretty damn happy with it so far. I'm sure if I'm looking to get into another H3 in two or three years, all of these issues will be taken care of and the H3 will be even better.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

what do you guys expect for a $30k vehicle . its still the most bang for the buck .
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-14-2006, 04:57 PM

Grandman is off the scale

Keep in mind GM was looking to build a more rugged vehicle . Off road ability over yuppie requirements .

They need to compete in more then 1 market share . They also need to price with the rugged types like a Rubicon .
Old 02-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not that hard to spray on deicer on the mirrors. Fstop I saw your posts on putting on the heated mirrorw with the blinkers. That looks like it was a fairly major job and an excellent explanation. I took your advice and got a a set of the Anco snow blades - figures it's 60 today now that I put them on!